Yankeeslegends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hank: Pats copied Yankee model

Go down

Hank: Pats copied Yankee model Empty Hank: Pats copied Yankee model

Post  RedMagma Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Hank: Pats copied Yankee model

;-) I just like getting a kick out of his quotes....

And the Pats are reeping the success of following the Yankee Way

"I don't want to be presumptuous, but the way Belichick has modeled the Patriots reminds me of how we've run the New York Yankees in the past. That kind of self-discipline, that kind of team attitude, that kind of expecting-to-win attitude, but working your butt off to get to that point and not just taking it for granted. He must have been somewhat influenced by the Yankees, especially in the '90s."

this SOSH board poster made a good (sarcastic) point below:

" Certainly no team before the 1990's Yankees ever thought of self-discipline and working you butt off as important to winning. Those guys really revolutionized sports. "

Point being - I think teams ACTUALLY knew how to win before the Yankees of the 90's.

I don't know if Belichick sat in his office being "somewhat influenced" by the late 90's Yanks, like Hank says that he must have.

Hank is right. When I think of how the Yankees overpaid good players over the years like Giambi, Williams, Jeter, Mussina, Clemens, Arod, Matsui, Damon, etc.....I mean, that's EXACTLY how the Pats do business, right?

Sincerely,

Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy and Deion Branch

If that Pats really did copy the Yankees model, Boston columnists currently would be writing about how the Pats really need to trade Drew Bledsoe in order to win their first championship.

Zabka - Hank writes his own column now...

LOL

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01252008/sports/giants/dont_bet_against_em_784600.htm?page=2

That article looks like it was written by a freshman in high school. You can tell that the editor didn't even touch it just to make Hank look like a fool.

the NY Post was already an embarassing paper for New York - Now Hank got a column in it.

Oy vey.

If they want to still put an asterisk next to the Patriots name in that moron rag paper - they should put an asterisk next to the NY Post.

* NY POST - The New York City publication that had Hank Steinbrenner as a columnist once.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Hank: Pats copied Yankee model Empty Re: Hank: Pats copied Yankee model

Post  RedMagma Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Yanks, Sox, Mets, Larry, Curly, and Mo

Are out of the Santana sweeps. Jets take the lead... Wait.

The Jets are in for sure, but Hank Steinbrenner says the Yankees, currently only two-thirds in, don't really need Santana because they have won 26 titles. The Sox are completely out... Wait.

The Sox are back in (well, three-fourths in), while the Jets have all but backed out, and the Yankees, according to Hank Steinbrenner, are better than the New England Patriots... Wait.

The Sox are back in 110%, the Mets are 115% out, and Hank and Hal Steinbrenner are in time out... Wait.

The Mets announce that they were never in it (well, maybe for about 10 minutes last week), while the Sox remain steadfast that they will not trade anyone good. Hank Steinbrenner, at a 2:00 PM press conference, stated the Yankees were never out of it. He then excused himself and walk directly into a closet... Wait.

The Mets are back in, the Sox have backed out, and Hank Steinbrenner (from the closet) says a deal is imminent... Wait.

The Twins say they might keep Santana, The Sox say they can't, while the Yankees, through Hal Steinbrenner's office, call the Twins Indian givers. Five minutes later, Hank Steinbrenner (apparently now out of the closet), retracts Hal's statement saying his use of the word "Indian" was unfortunate...

That's all yesterday's news. Latest is that the Sox, Yanks and Mets are talking, but the Twins may want additional prospects.

Nobody has to give in. One would think that Smith must have gotten' that message by now...

It really is a joke...

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:59 pm

Johan to remain a Twin
buckets577 Post #1: 1:00 am Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 240
Sorry to break it to you, but Bill Smith had pocket aces the whole time. It was down to the Mets and they didn't go all in. Next week Johan will sign an extension with the Twins....best of luck.
ChiefRotzinger Post #2: 2:22 am Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 23
you sound nervous that the twins gm will panic and get fleeced by omar... best of luck TO YOU
mpfredericks Post #3: 2:57 am Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 53

Sorry to break it to you, but Bill Smith had pocket aces the whole time. It was down to the Mets and they didn't go all in. Next week Johan will sign an extension with the Twins....best of luck.

Since when did the Twins actually decide they want to spend money? With the extensions given to Morneau and Cuddyer, I think the Twins have already let more moths fly out of their wallet than they would have liked to.
buckets577 Post #4: Jan 25, 7:45 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 240
why let him go for prospects when you can sign him long term right now for what will end up being a steal a few years from now? 20 million a year will be nothing come 2010. Bill Smith knows this.
miraclemauer Post #5: Jan 25, 7:53 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 517
The Twins offered 4 years 80 million and Santana turned down the deal. The money is not the issue the Twins are way under budget after moving Tori Hunter and Luis Castillo off the books. If we do not get the right package from the Mets (Martinez as the centerpiece) I think you will see Minnesota add the 5th year 100 million and make Santana happy.
Malcorulez Post #6: 5:34 am Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 1135
I hope they do resign him , he's been a twin his whole career and should remain there.
boohyaa2004 Post #7: 9:20 am Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 596

The guy is not signing with the Twins long term. They cant or will not pay him his desired amount and everybody know that. If anything, he will stick it out for another year with the twins on the current contract and become a free agent at the end of the year when the bidding war will begin again, if he is not traded before then.
CBeltranMets Post #8: 4:53 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 575

The Twins offered 4 years 80 million and Santana turned down the deal. The money is not the issue the Twins are way under budget after moving Tori Hunter and Luis Castillo off the books. If we do not get the right package from the Mets (Martinez as the centerpiece) I think you will see Minnesota add the 5th year 100 million and make Santana happy.

Of course money is the issue. Why else is he on the block then? I don't know, but after Zito got $126 million, I doubt the best pitcher in baseball would succumb to taking $100 million.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Yankees To Sign Aussie Prospect

The Canberra Times is reporting the that Yankees are going to sign 16-year old catching prospect, Kyle Perkins. He is expected to sign a seven-year deal with the Yanks today.

Kyle Perkins, 16, joins the world's most renowned baseball club after being spotted by a Yankees scout during last year's under-18 national championship in Western Australia.

The 16-year-old Daramalan College student was told a fortnight ago to expect an offer from the baseballing powerhouse. And today it arrives.

Perkins, who is in Year 11, will join the club roster as a catcher in 2010 after he has finished school.

Until then he is expected to follow a rigorous training regime and a strict diet and put in a lot of hard work.

Perkins has been recruited by the Yankees along with Victorian teenager Nathan Aron.

"This is a life-changing event," Perkins said yesterday ahead of his Australian Provincials debut last night in the Claxton Shield match against Queensland. "I look at this as though it is the opportunity to start another journey."

This will be the second Australian prospect the Yankees have signed this offseason. On January 21st they signed Nathan Aron after his solid performance for Victoria at baseball's Under-18 national championships. Aron, who turns 17 in May, play the infield and outfield, and should also be with the Yankees in 2010.

Hat tip to River Ave. Blues.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum