Yankeeslegends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan 29, 2008 7:38 am - Buzz: Your Morning Santana, Twins in

Go down

Jan 29, 2008 7:38 am - Buzz: Your Morning Santana, Twins in Empty Jan 29, 2008 7:38 am - Buzz: Your Morning Santana, Twins in

Post  RedMagma Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am

Jan 29, 2008 7:38 am - Buzz: Your Morning Santana, Twins in Action

http://www.metsblog.com/

...posted by Matthew Cerrone...

The Mets, Red Sox and Yankees all confirm that during the last two days the Twins have stepped up their effort to trade Johan Santana, writes Joel Sherman in the New York Post.

According to Sherman, it has come down to a battle between the Mets and Red Sox.

Of course, in a post to his blog for the Boston Herald today, Sox columnist Michael Silverman writes…

“By all accounts, the Red Sox will not shed any tears if the Mets get Santana and the Sox can keep their young talent, maintain payroll and avoid seeing Santana in pinstripes.”

Meanwhile, the O’s appeared quite close to trading Erik Bedard to the Mariners, but may have changed their mind.

For more, go to MLB Trade Rumors, who has been doing an outstanding job, as usual, following the negotiations step by step.

In the Daily News, Bill Madden and Anthony McCarron explain how the Bedard deal might make it harder for the Mets to pry Santana from Minnesota.

…i understand, but the O’s should get more for bedard than the Twins will get for santana, the same way the A’s should have and did get more for Dan Haren…i mean, bedard is under contract for two more seasons, while santana is such after one – plus he has a no trade and can essentially dictate when and where he goes…

According to Madden and McCarron, several baseball officials believe the Mets will get Santana, “But they might have to ‘flood the deal’ with players to satisfy the Twins in the wake of the likely Bedard trade.”

…first off, they’ll pay what they have to pay…and, again, if santana forces the issue, the Twins will take what they can get…second, and more importantly, Madden and McCarron’s sounds like it’d be a great steak house…

Nevertheless, Sherman quotes an official from one team involved as saying, “The Mets are legitimately in this. It would be a mistake to minimize their chances.”

Lastly, a Sox official tells the Boston Globe that he would not be surprised if the Twins end up making a deal this week.

Last night on SNY’s Mets Hot Stove Report, host Kevin Burkhardt talked about the Santana Situation with Adam Rubin of the Daily News and Ed Coleman from WFAN.

To watch the discussion, go to

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Jan 29, 2008 7:38 am - Buzz: Your Morning Santana, Twins in Empty Re: Jan 29, 2008 7:38 am - Buzz: Your Morning Santana, Twins in

Post  RedMagma Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:04 am

Comment by ravi3
2008-01-29 07:44:50

Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy
Comment by sharphill
2008-01-29 08:45:23

Easy, Herman.

Comment by Deaner
2008-01-29 07:57:01

Not sure how I feel about all these “officials” thinking the Mets will wind up with Santana

Makes me nervous as a Mets fan

Comment by cmon_mets08
2008-01-29 07:57:19

I can’t stop myself from checking this site every 5 mins!
Comment by Stem Ad
2008-01-29 08:50:38

I know, our work logs the sites you visit and sends a report at the end of the day. 8 hour shift, 8 1/2 hours logged onto Metsblog yesturday!

Comment by extrawhitemeat
2008-01-29 07:59:26

Rinse.. Lather… Repeat…

And the Sox are close with Santana.. and the Yanks are close to Santana.. and now the Mets are front runners…

More testing going on here then when show girls is running on VH1

Comment by drdave
2008-01-29 08:00:21

I don’t know what I am going to do when this whole thing finally ends. I look forward to my “morning Santana” everyday…..

Comment by Pedro
2008-01-29 08:07:34

This site and others will likely take a massive blow in hits per day when this whole Santana things is settled. I think I refresh/check this site and others like it, roughly 50-70 times a day
Comment by metzor
2008-01-29 08:24:24

Pfft, 50-70 times. Rookie. I think I’ve hit that mark since I got to work at 8am.

Comment by ugbmets21
2008-01-29 08:11:37

well head to head i think our offer is better then boston. but who knows anymore. its a wait and see game now. all i know is if boston is truly in it, then the skanks are to, no matter what the reports are.
go get him omar… keep f-mart, and we have a steal.

wait 5 prospects and 150 mil, and its a steal?? WOW!

Comment by Number41
2008-01-29 08:23:35

today’s the day, lads
buckle up!
Comment by starz31
2008-01-29 08:52:29

i’ve been buckled up for weeks…please just stop the car already…. I just hope Johan gets in when we do.

Comment by dcatmets41
2008-01-29 08:28:05

Wake me when its FINALLY done, be it with the Mets or somebody else. I’m getting ulcers here everyday for the love of pete. (or pedro)

Comment by Spiritof86
2008-01-29 08:30:35

god i think i am gonna puke…that GM Smith really botched this…he’s not gonna get anything he couldn’t have gotten 2 months ago and spared us all the aggravation…

Comment by realist718
2008-01-29 08:46:49

i’d rather have livan anyway… cheap, reliable, and we can keep the farm intact.
Comment by starz31
2008-01-29 08:50:34

yea id rather not get the best pitcher in baseball for unproven prospects..instead get already peaked over-weight so-called innings eater in which he cleary likes to eat alot but throws batting practice every 5 days. Yea i dont really want to pay a salary that will be a market value in a few years for the best pitcher in baseball that will make our team instantly better….yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa
Comment by nrmax88
2008-01-29 08:54:11

me neither
(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by nrmax88
2008-01-29 09:01:08

Agreed. I would only make a move for Santana if it could be done without involving any of Gomez, MArtinez and Guerra. It might be impossible and people will say that its not even a real offer, but so be it. Thats ok with me. Even if we picked up santana without giving up any of those “big 3″, I still wouldnt even consider giving him a 7 year deal. Most gaurunteed years I would offer is 5. If 7 years was a deal breaker to make a trade final once we got the negotiating window, and he wouldnt sign for 5, I would pull the plug. There is a more then fair chance that Johan even in 4 years wont be the same Johan he is right now. If he really wants to play for the Mets so bad as we have heard (which I still say is bull), then he could Kobe Bryant the Twins into making them trade him here and making his wishes to play here known publically. He could also veto a deal where he though Bill Smith was getting too many parts like Kobe did. Just remember one thing. Be careful what you wish for, because with a trade like this one comes incredible risk.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum