Yankeeslegends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Mets Fans

Go down

From Mets Fans Empty From Mets Fans

Post  RedMagma Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:11 am

From Mets Fans

Come on man Jeff Karstens. you could at least find someone who's in our top 30. Laughing

does it really matter if the Yankees threw in every top prospect they have? The Yankees bought thier farm over the past 3-4 years. There's no such thing as the long run and how it can benifit the other 29 teams when it comes to the yankees, especially with the revenues from the new stadium.

Somewhere I read too that the Twins were trying to get the Angels in the bidding but they failed. Thats probably what is holding everything up is that they want more RedSox/Yankees type bidding going on to drive the price up, but Honestly I feel that the Twins waited too long and that now the deals are only going to get worse and worse. Redsox aren't even interested anymore and you dont hear alot about the Yankees offer either. They should have taken an offer a long time ago and are losing out now. It's only going to get worse for them. They need to do a damn deal and get on with 2008.

If the Yankees are actually still in it, then Smith is just pushing on Omar to get Fernando. That's the only reason this is still ongoing. I personally don't believe the Yankees are in it. However, if Hank is able to win out over Hal AND Cashman on this, it bodes well for the rest of the baseball world in the long run.

What Yankees package, without Hughes, would be better than what we've put up (without Fernando?) If our deal is Guerra, Gomez, Humber & Mulvey, what are they putting up to match that without Hughes? We know Karstens and Cabrera but they'd need to include 2 other relatively high-end prospects. Who would it be?

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

From Mets Fans Empty Re: From Mets Fans

Post  RedMagma Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:28 am

Damon on Gaining Weight and Cashman on Williams

By Jack Curry

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/28/damon-on-gaining-weight-and-cashman-on-williams/#more-956

Johnny Damon does not ruffle easily. I encountered Damon at the 85th Annual dinner for the New York chapter of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America and asked him if he knew that General Manager Brian Cashman had said Damon was “out of shape” last spring. Damon said he had heard about Cashman’s remarks, but he did not seem worried about them.

In fact, with the Yankees’ position players scheduled to report to Tampa in about three weeks, Damon acknowledged that he is 12 pounds over the team’s prescribed weight for him. Damon did not sound like he expected to shed a dozen pounds, either.

“I tried running,” Damon said. “I ran for three days and I gained five pounds. Go figure. That was the end of that.”

While Damon, who is listed at 205 pounds in the Yankees’ media guide, did not say how much he weighs, he thinks the extra weight is necessary to help get him through a draining season.

“Last year, I lost weight and I felt so weak,” Damon said.

During a lecture at William Paterson University on Friday, Cashman also spoke candidly about Bernie Williams’s unfriendly departure from the Yankees. Cashman said that Williams, a jazz guitarist who released his first album in 2003, had become more involved in his music “and that took away from his play.”

At the baseball writer’s dinner on Sunday, one of Williams’s friends told Cashman that Williams would like to speak with him this week. Williams has had a chilly relationship with the Yankees since they decided not to re-sign him last season. Cashman said that he would like to talk to Williams, too.

Since this is the final year of Yankee Stadium, the Yankees will probably consider honoring Williams with his own day. Williams has not officially said that he is retired, but he has already completed songs for a second albu

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:29 am

Clemens on the offensive again
http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/01/28/clemens-on-the-offensive-again/#comments

The Twins, meanwhile, remind me of a desperate blackjack player who keeps betting the shoe hoping that the cards will turn for him. But the Yankees have no interest, the Red Sox marginal interest and Mets are content to sit back and watch the price of Johan Santana fall.

Unless Hank Steinbrenner sends his brother off in a rowboat, Santana is not going to be in pinstripes. Brian Cashman is making his stand here.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:38 am

omebody tell me how the hell Brian Cashman ultimately decides to stay after this year.

I mean seriously, hasn't he made enough money by now where he'll just tell mini-George to f-off and he'll go find a job where it's hassle free and he gets to call virtually ALL the shots?

Most Yankees fans I know and on this board, love Cashman for the most part. This has to piss them off I would imagine. Yet most also seem to love the emotional outbursts of mini-George when it comes to him consistently trashing the Sox, so they're in a bind because this baffoon can't randomly choose when he filters himself.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down