Yankeeslegends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiders aide may join Jets

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Raiders aide may join Jets - Page 2 Empty Re: Raiders aide may join Jets

Post  RedMagma Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:06 am

With a new Metro-North station opening at the new stadium and simple subway access already provided, there's really no reason to drive to the stadium. Those that are coming from outside the New York Metropolitan area should just park and ride from a different station, and anyone choosing to drive already is paying tons in gas and tolls so they may as well fork over the dough for expensive parking. None of this is a surprise based on years of previous reports.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:08 am

I think Miami are tanking games so they can draft Rose or Mayo? thoughts?

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:14 am

Saurabh Saraf (London): David - Watching the Boston LA game on tv, Garnett after blocking two shots said the same thing very audibly - "get that ____ outta here." Now I realize Garnett is ultra-competitive, but doesn't such talk really motivate opponents more than anything else? Also if there is a technical foul for taunting, how come he wasn't assessed one for this?

SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:11 PM ET ) In the grand scheme of things, that is the least inflammatory comment he can make

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:24 am

Baseball gets back to work
http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

It’s Jan. 2 and baseball is back in business after a break for the holidays. What does this mean for the Yankees? Probably not a whole lot.

There are no indications that the Yankees will suddenly get back into the mix for Johan Santana. It’s more an issue of the contract extension that he would demand than parting with prospects. The Yankees aren’t eager to invest $120 million in a pitcher.

Brian Cashman did sign Doug Mientkiewicz on Jan. 5 last season. It wouldn’t be much of a surprise if he signed another infielder sometime this month, although probably not a first baseman.

At some point this month, we’ll get the list of assorted suspects, prospects, no-hopers and fringe players who were invited to spring training.

The Yankees also need to come to terms with Wilson Betemit, Brian Bruney, Robbie Cano and Chien-Ming Wang.

Beyond that, it could me a quiet month. We’ll be filling the gaps with guest posts from fellow bloggers (that starts Friday), so stay tuned.

————

If you’re just getting back too your computer, check out the last week of December. Especially our 2008 predictions.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:25 am

8 Responses to “Baseball gets back to work”

1. Drew January 2nd, 2008 at 11:31 am

I’m available if Cash needs me. I’m faster than Posada, a better fielder than Giambi, humbler than A-Rod, and in better shape than Pavano.

Probably still can’t hit a curve ball though Sad
2. jennifer- Hip Hip Jorge January 2nd, 2008 at 11:39 am

Did Andy Phillips sign anywhere?
3. Joe Go (Cano fan) January 2nd, 2008 at 11:50 am

Can’t wait for the contracts of Cano and Wang hope the Yanks give them long deals if not they are probably getting over 7.5 million each maybe over 10 i read somewhere
4. Phil January 2nd, 2008 at 11:54 am

I wouldn’t hold your breath on long-term deals for Cano and Wang. That’s not Cashman’s MO.
5. Keith Waters January 2nd, 2008 at 11:59 am

You think the Yankees and Cano/Wang going to end up at an arbitrater Jeter won when the Yankees wanted to give him less Cano is a former all-star already and lead 2nd basemen Wang has 38 wins in 2 seasons who’d you think has the upper hand?
6. Manny Headstone January 2nd, 2008 at 12:07 pm

Long deals for Cano and Wang . “That’s not Cashmans MO” Sometimes he’ll have to change that like when he has two great players only getting better and now they are pretty good already It’s time to sign a contract before the prices go up just think about it if wang wins 20 wins the next 3 years he’ll have 98 wins in 5 seasons if he wins 19 its 95 now thats a huge contract coming
7. Money Man January 2nd, 2008 at 12:13 pm

The fans want contracts signed, it makes sense to sign them now, 6-9 years Cano 4-5 years Wang makes sense. It doesn’t mean that it will happen but be sure he’s thinking about it.
8. Wangers Curve January 2nd, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Your right. It’s not like Wang and Cano are going to get a one year less than contract worth deal they’ll be worth between 8-11 million signing Wang to a 60-70 5 year deal and Cano to a 7-10 year deal worth 85-120 million would only be better for the yankees. The prices on contracts will probably get bigger and bigger now that baseball is making more money and these 2 players are only getting better its a no-lord deal. So do it Cashman

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Raiders aide may join Jets - Page 2 Empty Jan 2, 2008 10:22 am - Buzz: Make a Move Minnesota

Post  RedMagma Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:28 am

Jan 2, 2008 10:22 am - Buzz: Make a Move Minnesota

http://www.metsblog.com/

...posted by Matthew Cerrone...

…from what i can tell, there has been little to no movement by the Twins of late, regarding Johan Santana…i suspect that will start to change, as Omar Minaya, Theo Epstein and Brian Cashman are going to want a resolution sooner than later…as i wrote last week, i sense that a lot of teams and free-agent pitchers are waiting to see who doesn’t end up with santana, before signing with a new team…

That said, at Prospect Insider, a reputable and popular M’s blog, Jason Churchill quotes an NL Executive as saying the Mets will eventually acquire Santana, though it will cost them Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez in addition to two pitching prospects.

Meanwhile, at Balls, Sticks & Stuff, Phillies fan Tom Goyne writes, “There’s no doubt that the Mets would be a better team in 2008 (if they acquire Santana), but their future would be severely mortgaged.”

…thanks to Peter Wade for the link…

As Goyne points out, Santana would be the ideal acquisition for the Mets since Philadelphia’s best hitters are more successful against right-handed pitchers, which Santana is not.

Nevertheless, while Chase Utley hit .318 against lefties last season, and Jimmy Rollins hit .321, Ryan Howard hit just .225 and Pat Burrell hit .255

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2