Yankeeslegends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santana

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Santana - Page 3 Empty Re: Santana

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:52 pm

#1 Kansas city? 54.3 Ab/hr Smile

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:01 pm

At least I'm happy that Yankees got sandwich draft pick out of it.. smile

Did anyone catch Yankees hot stove on Yes today? I missed it. What did Heyman say?

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:09 pm

2007 Player Development and Scouting development

http://pressbox.mlb.com/pressbox/downloads/y2007/nyy/minors.pdf

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:13 pm

If McNamee sues Clemens for libel/slander I'll eat my shorts. There is no way a drug dealer is going to open himself up to discovery on whether he's ever been untruthful. Also, what harm is there to McNamee's character? Even if Clemens is lying, McNamee is finished as a trainer. He's a drug dealer.

This is posturing. Nothing more. Nothing less

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Mussina and Damon to Phillies?

I don't know if true or not

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=mlb&id=phi&tid=2149856&lid=6

This morning on espn radio a trade rumor has been announce involving the phils and yankees. I was a little suprised by it, tell me what you guys think,

To Phils- Mussina, Damon

To Yanks- Outman, Victorino, and player to be named.

I vote no on this one all the way, but i guess we have to wait and see.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:30 pm

Sox trade Gio Gonzalez, Fautino De Los Santos and Ryan Sweeney for Nick Swisher
By CWSKeith

http://www.southsidesox.com/story/2008/1/3/14447/91476#commenttop

[whitesox.com]:

The Chicago White Sox have acquired switch-hitting outfielder Nick Swisher from the Oakland Athletics in exchange for three minor league players, pitcher Gio Gonzalez, pitcher Fautino De Los Santos and outfielder Ryan Sweeney. The trade was announced Thursday afternoon by Ken Williams, White Sox general manager and senior vice president.

Highway Robbery says wiz...

WSox Fans are not happy with this trade

http://www.southsidesox.com/story/2008/1/3/14447/91476#commenttop

We got fucking robbed.

I like Swisher a lot but Jesus Christ.

My heart would be in my throat right now.

There are a handful of players that you gut your future to trade for. Nick Swisher ain't one of 'em.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:31 pm

Goodbye Jerry, we now have a new CF

Our offense just got dramatically better in 2008. KW and Ozzie were making noise about OBP, would be pretty cool if they bat him leadoff:

Swisher CF
OCab SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
AJ C
Fields 3B
Quentin LF
Richar/Uribe 2B

"Jerry Owens played one heck of a center field and created that Scott Podsednik sparkplug type at the top," said Williams of Owens.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:31 pm

from the trib

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/01/sox-compelte-tr.html

and the usual energy and hard-nosedness from KW:

Nick is a quality switch hitter who consistently gets on base, hits for power and drives in runs," Sox GM Ken Williams said in a statement. "He gives Ozzie Guillen offensive flexibility with his ability to hit in a number of spots up and down the batting order, and his athleticism allows him to play any outfield position or first base.

"Nick brings to the ballpark a mix of hard-nosed play, energy and a commitment to winning, and he brings it each and every day. He's a great addition to our team and clubhouse."

by larry on Thu Jan 03, 2008 at 02:21:04 PM EDT

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:32 pm

From a poster on MLB TradeRumors.com.

"As an A's fan I feel like I just got blindsided by a truck. Had no idea this was coming and Swisher was the player I least expected to be dealt aside from Chavez.

I don't know anything about the 2 guys other than Gonzalez.... but this is a sad day for the A's. Swisher is incredibly hard working, and one of the most fun players to watch in the league IMO. Hope these guys are ballers b/c Swish had the pedigree, talent, and drive to make it big in the league.

Best wishes on your new squad Swish. You'll be missed out west."

"All this has done is put the Tigers in a better position to contend with us."

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:44 pm

Marquez is sinker baller pitcher who throws 93-95 on his sinker. He both throws a changeup, sinker and improving curveball. He been compare to Wang. He was 12-4 with 3.51 era

Hilligross is 3rd baseman who hit a 38 consecutive game streak last year for the Yankees

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:45 pm

1) Cabrera is crap. No performance whatsoever but fielding.
2) With that Yankees deal, the Twins are essentially getting Santana for Hughes straight up
3) The deal is Hughes, Cabrera, Marquez and Hilligoss. I don’t recall any “highly regarded” prospect outside of Hughes who really isn’t a prospect.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:47 pm

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:05 pm

Yankees lineup vs Redsox Lineup
The two lead off hitters for these two lineup

Yankees
Table setters
1) Damon - Obp- putrid of .351 in 2007. He needs to improve his Obp and be healthy.
2) Jeter - Obp .388

Redsox

1) Little Nicky aka Pedrioa - OBP .380 .29 points better than Damon. Are you kidding me?
2)Youkilis - Obp.390 - Everyone knows that Youkilis is stands for "Greek God of Walks and one of Toughest Sob to strikeout

My conclusion that 2007 Redsox have a better table setters setting up David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez than Yankees.I gave up a lot of credit to Little Nicky aka Pedrioa and Youkilis. They're grinders who are tough to strikeout.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:12 pm

The difference between Yankees lineup vs Redsox Lineup during 2007 season
The two lead off hitters for these two lineups

Yankees
Table setters
1) Damon - Obp- putrid of .351 in 2007. He needs to improve his Obp and be healthy for 2008
2) Jeter - Obp .388

Redsox

1) Pedrioa - OBP .380 .29 points better than Damon. I found that hard to believe.
2)Youkilis - Obp.390 - Everyone knows that Youkilis is stands for "Greek God of Walks and one of Toughest Sob to strikeout

My conclusion that 2007 Redsox have a better table setters setting up David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez than Yankees.I gave up a lot of credit to aka Pedrioa and Youkilis. They're grinders who are tough to strikeout.

Nm

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:15 pm

we don’t have the top offer…according to old hank steinbrenner

After what he described as a “slow holiday season” for baseball business, Hank Steinbrenner is returning to his office Thursday to begin working on “a final decision” regarding a trade for Johan Santana. And he believes the Yankees have made the top offer for the Minnesota ace.

“I think the Twins realize our offer is the best one,” Steinbrenner said Wednesday in a telephone interview. “I feel confident they’re not going to trade him before checking with us one last time and I think they think we’ve already made the best offer.”

idiot stop talking already

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:36 pm

Somewhatt weak? First all It's all speculation at this point. List of players that you mention was a specualtion by Ny Papers. You don't know what Yankees are offering to Twins behind the scenes..

Talk about weak deal . Coco Crisp and below average pitching prospects. This is my opinion..

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:40 pm

Swisher makes Sox better for '08

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=law_keith

By acquiring Nick Swisher from the A's for three prospects, the White Sox get a strong power/on-base guy entering his prime years, with four years of control remaining at very favorable salaries.

Swisher's skills are somewhat underappreciated because he doesn't hit for average, but he gets on base extremely well, runs deep counts and has plus power to all fields, something that will help him get back over 30 homers with the move to a good hitters' park.

Swisher is a borderline star offensive player. He has a great approach and runs very deep counts and has above-average home run power that has been dampened somewhat by his home field. Oakland has played him some in center field, where he's adequate but no better than average; he's above-average in left, despite getting the occasional bad read. The White Sox are probably going to play Carlos Quentin, Jermaine Dye and Swisher in their outfield, so someone subpar will have to man the middle. The White Sox's offense in 2007 finished last in the American League in runs scored and in OBP (this is not a coincidence, kids) and their top three home run hitters are all past their offensive primes, so Swisher provides a remedy to both of their main offensive problems. He's 27 years old and entering his prime years, and he's under control for four years plus an option (his age 27-30 seasons) at very favorable salaries. The White Sox are immediately three to four wins better, perhaps more, as a result of making this deal.

In exchange, Oakland gets two players who are just about major league ready plus a high-upside pitching prospect. Left-hander Gio Gonzalez has racked up impressive strikeout totals in his minor-league career, but it's not clear that his stuff and approach will carry over well to the majors. He works heavily off his offspeed pitches, a plus 73-75 mph curveball with a sharp two-plane break and a straight 78-81 mph changeup with good arm speed, but his fastball can be short -- I've seen him as low as 84-86 mph, touching 89 in that outing -- and he doesn't command it well. I have also seen a pattern where he has trouble dealing with on-field adversity, struggling after he makes a mistake or something goes wrong behind him. He does benefit from the move away from a hitters' park (Chicago) to a pitchers' park (Oakland), which is key for him because he's had problems with the longball in the past and projects to be homer-prone in the big leagues.

Outfielder Ryan Sweeney is a scouting enigma, a "five o'clock hitter" who doesn't carry his batting practice power over into games. During BP he shows plus raw pull power, getting his arms extended and driving the ball to right and right-center; the ball carries well off his bat when he makes contact. He has quick reactions at the plate and strides well into the ball. But during games, he shortens everything up and eschews power in favor of contact, an approach that won't produce enough offense if he has to play an outfield corner in the big leagues. This could be an artifact of the coaches with whom he's worked, and a change of scenery would thus be just what he needs, because the power potential is there. He's no worse than average in center, but he's plus in left or right.

Right-hander Fautino De Los Santos is the potential star in the deal. He has an outstanding fastball-curveball combination that at least sets him up to be a power reliever. His fastball sits 92-96 mph with a little bit of late life; his control is already solid-average and his command is a shade below. His curveball is a potential outpitch in the big leagues and already grades out above-average, although it's inconsistent. At worst, he projects as a power two-pitch reliever; if he adds a third pitch to help him get through a lineup three times and can build up some durability, he's got a chance to be a No. 1/2 starter. Of course, he carries the same injury and development risks as any A-ball pitcher does, and he's not at the level of other top pitching prospects who bring three or more pitches and/or greater polish to the table, like Clay Buchholz, Clayton Kershaw or Joba Chamberlain, but he becomes the A's best prospect and their best hope to develop a top-of-the-rotation starter.

The one confusing aspect to this deal is the White Sox's apparent insistence that they are, in fact, contenders for 2008, when they are still only the third-best team in a tough American League Central division. Swisher is a significant addition to any offense, and Chicago needed a hitter just like him, bringing patience and power to a lineup that was light on patience and is losing power to age. However, given the state of their rotation and the strength of their division, the White Sox have not closed the gap between themselves and Detroit/Cleveland, and they don't have an especially young roster that's likely to be better in 2009 or 2010. So while it's a good deal for Chicago in baseball terms, especially since Gonzalez was never a good fit for their ballpark, it doesn't look like their strategy fits their current situation. Oakland, meanwhile, is in the midst of a full-throttle rebuilding effort, and they continue to stockpile arms of all sorts -- high-upside, close to the majors, power arms, finesse arms and everything in between -- which is the only smart strategy given the rapid acceleration in the price of pitching in free agency and in trades.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Now we know why he was silent for so long, he was trying to figure out what to say was actually in the syringe instead of steroids.

Clemens is just trying to set up the old "Oh I didnt know it was steroids, I wanted B12 in the shot and he shot steroids into my butt without me knowing" arguement.

Give me a break. Its one thing to do the steroids, its another to try to claim you didnt when everyone knows you did and youre flat out lying. If he wouldve just came out like Pettite and admitted it, this would be over with. But he tried to lie his way out of it and now while faced with a lawsuit hes starting to get tripped up by his own lies

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:46 pm

ESPN opinion may be perceived as fact

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=wn&ned=us&q=yankees&btnG=Search+News

ESPN's view appears in its opening sentence on google. To attract the reader and presumably be newsworthy, they say the Yankees (not their fans, the Yankees) may receive a "gift" (that being Santana). Therefore, ESPN says the following don't matter:

* Half a team worth of young crown jewels the Yankees have worked to cultivate.

* The $150 million they'd have to give the pitcher from the Twins for his once in a lifetime cash bonanza.

"ESPN - 2 hours ago

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=wn&ned=us&q=yankees&btnG=Search+News

* There is still a chance for the New York Yankees
* to receive a belated holiday gift.
* Talks between them and the Minnesota Twins for Johan Santana decreased

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:50 pm

2008 Mock Draft:

Last update: Thursday, Jan. 3, 2007. Next update: Soon.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

. New York Jets: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
I changed my mind about this selection so many times when the Jets were drafting third. At No. 6, this becomes much easier.

Darren McFadden is the top prospect in this draft class. McFadden can do for the Jets what Adrian Peterson did for the Vikings - give them a primer offensive weapon capable of dominating a single contest on his own. And it's not like the Jets' offense is all that great; they were ranked 25th, scoring about 17 points per contest. If the Jets take McFadden, I'd feel bad for Thomas Jones, but being able to obtain an athlete as talented as McFadden comes along once every few decades

New York Jets: Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida
If the Jets draft Darren McFadden in the first round, they need to make pressuring the quarterback their top priority here. Managing only 29 sacks in an entire season is ridiculous.

New York Jets: John Greco, OT, Toledo
Right tackle Anthony Clement has the pass-blocking ability of a turnstile. The Jets need a major upgrade there if they want to keep Kellen Clemens healthy.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:01 pm

2008 NFL Mock Draft
Updated 01/02

http://sportprojections.com/nfl_mock_draft.html

PICK TEAM SELECTION
1 Miami Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
2 St. Louis Jake Long OT Michigan
3 Atlanta Matt Ryan QB Boston College
4 Oakland Chris Long DE Virginia
5 Kansas City Brian Brohm QB Louisville
6 NY Jets Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
7 New England (From S.F.) Vernon Gholston DL Ohio State
8 Baltimore Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
9 Cincinnati James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
10 New Orleans Aqib Talib CB Kansas
11 Buffalo Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
12 Denver Sederick Ellis DT USC
13 Carolina Kenny Phillips S Miami
14 Chicago Andre' Woodson QB Kentucky
15 Detroit Sam Baker OT USC
16 Arizona Callais Campbell DE/OLB Miami
17 Minnesota DeSean Jackson WR California
18 Houston Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
19 Philadelphia Early Doucet WR LSU
20 Tampa Bay Ryan Clady OT Boise State
21 Washington Lawrence Jackson DE USC
22 Seattle Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
23 Dallas (from Cleveland) Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
24 Pittsburgh Jeff Otah OT Pitt
25 Tennessee James Hardy WR Indiana
26 NY Giants Keith Rivers LB USC
27 San Diego Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
28 Jacksonville Antoine Cason CB Arizona
29 Green Bay Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma
30 Dallas Michael Oher OG Ole Miss
31 San Francisco (From Indy) Frank Okam DT Texas
32 New England Lost pick due to "spygate"

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:07 pm

Roy Schuening,

http://www.osubeavers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4700&ATCLID=129927

2007: Schuening (shoe-ning) possesses a strong work ethic that has enabled him to be one of the best guards in the country...team-high 37 consecutive starts...a certain postseason honors candidate. 2006: Pac-10 Conference Honorable Mention selection – the entire starting offensive line earned postseason honors...part of a unit that returned all five starters...rated the 12th best guard in the country by Sporting News...was the lead blocker on Yvenson Bernard’s two-point conversion run in the Sun Bowl. 2005: Roy was a 2005 Pac-10 Honorable Mention selection, one of three Beaver returning offensive linemen to earn postseason honors...started all 11 games. 2004: Roy started all 12 games as a redshirt-freshman...named to the Sporting News All-Freshman team...helped Oregon State rank seventh in the nation for pass offense at 308.8 yards per game. 2003: Redshirt.

PENDLETON: A three-year starter on offense and defense...his position coach was Kyle Rosselle, a four-year letterman (1998-2001) defensive lineman at OSU...Schuening was an All-Intermountain League selection as a junior and senior and was the league’s Lineman of the Year in 2002...was the most valuable lineman at the OSU and Oregon summer camps in 2002...second team all-state on defense and honorable mention on offense as a senior...SuperPrep Magazine Western All-Region team and ranked third on its list of top athletes for the state of Oregon and Washington...for his defensive career he had 114 tackles and 17 sacks...lettered two years in wrestling and three in track...broke the school record in the shot put with a toss of 56-6 as a senior...received two votes on the Long Beach Press Telegram Best in the West list...played in the Les Schwab Oregon Bowl in 2003.

PERSONAL: Born in Pendleton, Oregon...son of Ron Schuening and Renae Graton...Ron is a truck driver and Renae is a teacher...has two sisters, Kelly and Carly...enjoys hunting and fishing...chose OSU because of the “atmosphere, town, and the coaching staff”...majoring in general agriculture and is on track to graduate in March.

Roy Scheuning

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15425

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Jerry Kramer? OSU's Schuening doesn't know what I'm talking about ...
Posted by PBuker April 18, 2007 10:21AM
Categories: Football

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaversbeat/2007/04/jerry_kramer_osus_schuening_do.html

I asked Beavers' RG Roy Schuening if he had heard of Green Bay Packers' right guard Jerry Kramer, who made the famous block on Dallas' Jethro Pugh in the 1967 NFL Championship game on the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.

Let's see, I was 16 years old, and watching it on an old black and white TV in Twin Falls, Ida. ... I loved the Packers, and when Green Bay QB Bart Starr wedged his way into the end zone I jumped up and let out a primal scream.

It is one of the most famous moments in NFL history, but I guess if it isn't on Madden 2007 and available on Xbox there's no point in asking one of today's athletes if they remember Jerry Kramer.

So when Schuening paused during a phone conversation and said, "No, I've never heard of Jerry Kramer'' I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

The point I was trying to make is that Oregon State fans are always going to remember Schuening as the lead blocker for Yvenson Bernard's two-point conversion run in the Sun Bowl, a gutsy play that beat Missouri 39-38.

There was no frozen tundra, no championship on the line, but it went down as one of the most thrilling finishes of the 2006 bowl season and put the punctuation mark on the Beavers' remarkable late-season dash to a 10-4 record and No. 21 national ranking.

OSU coach Mike Riley went "all in'' and Schuening - with a lot of help from his teammates - made the Jerry Kramer-like clearing block.

"To have the coach call that play, then to execute it and get the points, and being the lead blocker, that was kind of a dream come true for me,'' said Schuening, who has barely broken a sweat in spring drills because of a nagging hamstring pull.

"You dream about something like that,'' said Schuening, who at 6-4 and 318 pounds is slightly taller and much heavier than the famous RG from Green Bay. ... Kramer, who wore No. 64, was 6-3, 250 pounds. ... Schuening wears No. 67.

Tell you what, these guys would like each other. They are both old school, with Kramer growing up in tiny Sandpoint, Idaho and Schuening growing up in Pendleton.

The block that helped Bernard get into the end zone will live with Schuening long after he quits playing football.

"If you're a running back, you think about making a long touchdown run. ... if you're a wide receiver, you think about making the winning catch in the last minute. Something I always thought about was making that lead block with no time left to win a game.''

I would imagine Schuening and the rest of his linemates thought about that play all night and maybe the following day. And every time they thought about it, they smiled. ... "Oh yeah, I still think about it,'' said Schuening. "I thought about it every day for about a month. ... I still get excited when I think about it.''

Does he ever watch the block on YouTube?

"I've got the DVD,'' said Schuening.

Here's OSU's mammoth right guard on other subjects involving the Beavers:

On 6-6, 319-pound Tavita Thompson's emergence as starting left tackle (replacing Adam Koets)...

"I was kind of skeptical at first and kind of worried about it because it was the only spot we had to fill in. But Tavita's stepped in and done a hell of a job. I'm surprised, because I wasn't really sure if he was going to be able to step up and play. ... all of us are really meshing well with him and I think he's really going to help our unit.''

On Thompson's noticeable 30-point weight loss ...

"He's moving a lot better, that's for sure.''

On the quarterback battle between Sean Canfield and Lyle Moevao...

"Sean's done a good job, but as far as being a leader, he's still unproven. We'll kind of see more once he steps in and plays that first game if he's starting. I think he's one of those lead-by-example guys and not so rah-rah like Matt (Moore) or Derek (Anderson). ... he's doing a good job right now and trying to get better.''

What about Moevao?

"I think he's a great guy, he's been a great guy ever since he came in here,'' said Schuening. "I don't want to put it the wrong way but he's kind of the team clown. I guess you could say he's hilarious. He's a fun guy to be around and it would be fun blocking for him. ... and he's tough, too. He's one of the toughest guys I know.''

Schuening came to OSU in the same class with No. 3 QB Ryan Gunderson. "I've always wanted to block for him and always wanted him as my starting quarterback ever since I got here,'' said Schuening. "I think any of those three would do a good job.''

If the quarterback is good, the Beavers will have a good season, maybe a great season, said Schuening.

"Exactly. That's the big question mark on our offense this year, the quarerback spot. ... as long as we've got a guy who can step in and throw the ball and hand the ball off to 'Ev' we're going to be alright.''

What are the goals for the offensive line this season?

"Same as last year. I want us to be the best in the Pac-10. I want us to cut down the sacks. It would be nice to go the whole year without giving up a sack. And as a unit, play as one, and lead this team to the Pac-10 title.''

Finally, Schuening has made it clear in previous interviews (including an entertaining video piece on OSUBeavers.com) that he does not like spring football because it's too far removed from the real thing in the fall.

So, is he faking this hamstring thing so he doesn't have to practice?

"Oh no, I've really got a hamstring pull,'' said Schuening, letting out a big laugh.

Only Schuening and Barney Graff know for sure.

- PB

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:20 pm

2008 Offensive Guard Rankings

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008OG.php

# Roy Schuening, Oregon State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 317.
40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round: 2-3.
Should be able to pave the way for another big year for Yvenson Bernard.

# Drew Radovich, USC
Height: 6-5. Weight: 305.
40 Time: 5.09.
Projected Round: 3.
Started every game for USC at left guard.

# Eric Young, Tennessee
Height: 6-4. Weight: 308.
40 Time: 5.08.
Projected Round: 3-4.
Plays tackle at Tennessee, but will likely move to guard for the NFL. Coming off shoulder surgery.

# Shannon Tevaga, UCLA
Height: 6-3. Weight: 316.
40 Time: 5.28.
Shannon Tevaga is one of the most dependable linemen in this draft; he has started 31 consecutive games.

# Adam Kraus, Michigan
Height: 6-6. Weight: 296.
40 Time: 5.15.
Along with Jake Long, next in the line of great Michigan linemen. Can play guard or center in a zone-blocking system.

# Jordan Grimes, Purdue
Height: 6-3. Weight: 325.
40 Time: 5.38.
Projected Round: 4.
Jeremy Perry was carted off the field with an ankle injury in the second half against Utah. Perry seemed to be in high spirits, so hopefully it's not serious.

Perry started on Oregon State's offensive line in his first year as a Beaver. Was named Pac-10 Co-Freshman of the Year.

# Kirk Elder, Texas A&M
Height: 6-5. Weight: 305.
40 Time: 5.15.
Projected Round: 4.
A player perfect for any zone-blocking scheme. One of the top guards available who fits that system.

# Brandon Rodd, Arizona State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 303.
40 Time: 5.19.
Projected Round: 4-5.
Another candidate for a team utilizing zone blocking. Brandon Rodd can play tackle and guard.

# Andrew Bain, Miami
Height: 6-3. Weight: 330.
40 Time: 5.22.
A massive guard who can help any team's running game. Started every game in 2006.

# Mike Fladell, Rutgers
Height: 6-8. Weight: 325.
40 Time: 5.35.
Blocking for Ray Rice and Brian Leonard would look good on any resume. Started every game for Rutgers in 2006.

# Will Arnold, LSU (8/30)
Height: 6-4. Weight: 322.
40 Time: 5.36.
Projected Round: 5.
Will Arnold didn't start against Mississippi State, which isn't a surprise, given that he's been practicing with the second team.

Arnold is apparently having problems recovering from his injuries. In fact, he's running with the second team in practice.

Rarely surrenders sacks or yardage for penalties. The top lineman on LSU's prolific front. We'll have to see how well he comes off his ankle and knee injuries.

# Robert Felton, Arkansas
Height: 6-4. Weight: 316.
40 Time: 5.38.
If Darren McFadden and Felix Jones both have another great year, Robert Felton's stock may rise again.

# Andrew Crummey, Maryland
Height: 6-5. Weight: 294.
40 Time: 5.18.
A versatile lineman who can play guard and center.

# Chris McDuffie, Clemson
Height: 6-5. Weight: 330.
40 Time: 5.21.
Charged with possession of marijuana, but that was three years ago. Started the last five games of the 2006 season.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:24 pm

Can Roy Schuening play left guard

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/positionrptOL.htm
Oregon State OG Roy Schuening is big-bodied, wide-based and strong in the upper body to punch. He does a good job controlling his space inside and can maul and smother defenders. However, the further he has to go, the more he struggles. One thing that cannot be questioned is his toughness. He stepped into the starting lineup from the time he arrived and has started every game, including the Stanford and Washington games with a case of walking pneumonia, the latter of which he lined up at right tackle and held his own. He is smart, can bring some versatility and has the mental makeup of a warrior. He may never be great, but he should be a consistent NFL starter for a long time.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next