Yankeeslegends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santana

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Santana - Page 9 Empty Re: Santana

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:29 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7659616

Yanks join Brewers and others in pursuit of Cameron

The Brewers face strong competition for free-agent center fielder Mike Cameron, perhaps stronger than they even imagined.

The Yankees are showing serious interest in Cameron, major-league sources say, figuring that they could trade center fielder Melky Cabrera even if they do not send him to the Twins for left-hander Johan Santana.

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez is a supporter of Cameron's; the two were teammates with the Mariners in 2000. Cameron also has recent experience playing in New York; he was with the Mets in '04 and '05.

Cabrera, 23, is part of the Yankees' offer for Santana, but could fit for several teams that are in the market for a young, affordable, switch-hitting center fielder.

Those teams include the Cubs, Reds, Braves, Royals and Pirates. The Yankees likely would seek prospects for Cabrera, replace him with Cameron in center and keep Johnny Damon in left.

Damon would remain in center for the start of the season while Cameron serves a 25-game suspension for testing positive for a banned stimulant.

Cameron, 35, likely would sign a two-year deal, giving the Yankees time to continue developing their top center-field prospect, Austin Jackson, who split last season between Class A and Class AA.

The Cubs are on the fringe of the Cameron pursuit, and the Twins' interest could grow if they fail to land a center fielder in a trade for Santana. But Cameron is likely to sign with the Yankees or Brewers before the Santana question is resolved.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Please let us know what you think about ESPN's message boards.
Read ESPN's message board rules here.

I'm REALLY getting tired of this
whatmee Post #1: 8:54 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 141
Can they at least be competative?

I just ate dinner and before I did it was 2-0 rags...I come back and I find this????

"Mama don't let yer boys grow up to rags..."
pastafazul6 Post #2: 9:13 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 173

Can they at least be competative?

I just ate dinner and before I did it was 2-0 rags...I come back and I find this????

"Mama don't let yer boys grow up to rags..."

you didn't finish... mama don't let yer boys grow up to be rags FANS !!!!
jay4nyr Post #3: 9:21 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 513
whatmee, this must be getting boring for you, its too easy to talk trash about a team thats blowing its own head off.
whatmee Post #4: 9:27 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 141
No, not at all, not with the entitlement and delusionary meanderings coming out of Rags fans mouths all the time...this is as good as it gets...no wait, your next loss will top this one!

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:31 pm

This team's...
KingPSU Post #1: 9:29 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 776
DEFENSE SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Bye Bye Mara, Malik, and Strudwick.

Lundqvist has been less than stellar too. But I can't expect much when your by yourself on defense.

Prucha..... let's just get vrborny already.

Dont get me wrong. Avery is a real spark. But this is his 3rd injury. He's going to test the waters july 1st guaranteed.

PP sux, PK sux. December slump has leaked into 2008.

6-2 against Philly......this is disgusting. Let's do something about it glenny

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:41 pm

Kennedy: Member Of '04 Red Sox Used PEDs

http://waswatching.com/

On the drive home tonight, from work, I caught the very last minutes of The Show on X-Radio (MLB Home Plate) with Rob Dibble and Kevin Kennedy.

At that time, Kevin Kennedy was addressing a caller who had some thoughts on the Mitchell Report.

I was pretty surprised at what Kennedy had to say there. In wanting to make a point about the Mitchell Report not being the all-inclusive bible of naming PED users, Kevin Kennedy said that a current colleague of his, who was with the Boston Red Sox in 2004, told him that he (the colleague) witnessed, for a fact, a member of the '04 Red Sox injecting himself in the buttocks with a needle full of PEDs. Kennedy said that the user is no longer a member of the Red Sox - but, he was a player on the team that won the ring in 2004. As per Kennedy, his colleague said that the "user" was giving a demo (to the "colleague") on how to do the injection.

It's pretty interesting that Kennedy would throw this out there, in the last few minutes of a radio broadcast. I wonder if anyone will pick up on it? Too bad George Mitchell missed this one.

Ht : Waswatching.com

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by SI Baseballman
From the Mets fan perspective, I can live with the proposal in the Minnesota paper - Mulvey, Guerra, Humber and Gomez.

Mulvey and Humber have potential, but you'll still have Pelfrey and there are a few B level guys that are about 2 years away in the starting pitching department. Gomez is another Coco Crisp IMO, and I valued him the lowest of the Mets 3 OF prospects (Fernando, Milledge, Gomez). Guerra could hurt 4 years down the line, but it's still a no-brainer.

I vote no on Fernando. He is to us what Tabata is to you guys. Plus someone is going to have to replace the geriatric Alou soon.

Based on what the Yanks and Sox are offering, there's not much difference aside from the fact that you'd only have to face him once every three years as opposed to three times every one year if you are Minnesota.

Guerra, Gomez, Mulvey, Humber is not even in the same stratosphere as any of the packages discussed by the Yankees and Sox.

Droping Humber/Mulvey and adding Martinez changes that, though.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:56 pm

If anyone wants to know, Nunez got a $300,000 bonus and Mark Newman compared his raw power to Angel Villalona

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Side note: Exchanged some e-mails with Phil Hughes the last couple of days. He started working out in Tampa a few days ago. Phil Franchise used some of his bonus money to get a place in Florida and he’s one of the first to report to the complex.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

From Peter A's blog....

After the Brian Taylor fiasco (million dollar arm, a dollar brain) - yes, I know that was a long time ago- it's nice to see that the Yankees have on their hands a pitching prodigy with a great mind to go with his precious right arm. I already feel like Phil is a special kid - you could see it on the mound in game 3 of the ALDS-but actually, the above is even more encouraging than his performance. Not every athletic prodigy spends his $$ so wisely; in fact, most of them end up blowing the $$$ on fast cars and hot women (and I'm of the female persuasion, obviously, lol, so I can say that!) I feel like Phil is on a mission this year and good for him. I think he was disappointed in how his year went, despite it ending well personally for him, and it seems he's going to use that as motivation. Still, the kid is obviously a hard worker anyway.........Joel? Will we hear anything from you about this?

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Team Report: Inside Pitch

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/teamReport?categoryId=71588&type=InsideSlant

Inside Pitch | Notes and Quotes | Roster Report
Boston's front office isn't likely to expend much energy discussing contract extensions for young players like first baseman Kevin Youkilis and closer Jonathan Papelbon before spring training.

But don't count out the Sox getting something cooking with catcher Jason Varitek as he enters the final season of his contract and the Sox still find themselves in search of his heir apparent.

Doug Mirabelli might return to the Sox for another season as Varitek's backup and Tim Wakefield's personal backstop, but, obviously, the 37-year-old isn't the answer if Varitek gets hurt or moves on after this season. Kevin Cash impressed the Sox with his handling of Wakefield's knuckler and his overall defensive game when he was called up from Class AAA Pawtucket last season, and he was invited again to spring training on a minor league deal.

Neither player is the long term answer, however.

The Sox front office doesn't have to look far to imagine what things would be like without Varitek behind the plate. His knee injury was the biggest factor contributing to the team's late season collapse in 2006.

"I don't know that we can measure the effect (Varitek) has had on this pitching staff because it has been immense," pitching coach John Farrell said last season. "His ability (is) to not only execute a game plan that we've devised through scouting reports, through our own personal history or through the many other avenues available to us, but to also tailor it within the game depending on what's working effectively for a pitcher that night. He's the most valuable member of our pitching staff."

Varitek directed super-agent Scott Boras to deal strictly with the Sox during his first free agency run in 2004, and the Sox and Boras hammered out a four-year, $40 million contract. Perhaps Varitek again will advise his representation to deal exclusively with the Sox and attach two more years and $20 more million onto the back end of the contract.

The heart and soul of the Sox pitching staff and defense and a serviceable offensive catcher who declines in the second half of the season, 'Tek has proved his worth in a baseball world where good catching is hard to find.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:21 pm

tphilly: Neither of these ballplayers belong behind bars. More MLB players were using some form of growth substance. For the good of the game, why can't the mistakes of the past stay butied, where they belong?
I'm sure, you do not want all of your past history revealed, to the general public. What difference does any of this make in today's game? They now have a testing policy for steroids. Hopefully, soon they will allow blood work and hair sampling, for the use of HGH.
GET OVER TI AND MOVE ON!!!!! I STILL SAY: PETE ROSE FOR COMMISSIONER OF BASEBALL!!!!! Wanna bet?

Baseball players don't belong in jail -- they might deserve to be stricken from the records, but this idea the U.S. has of putting everyone in a box behind bars is absurd.

That being said, I guarentee Roger's men are doing everything they can to make this look less bad. It looks bad. You cheated. Get over yourself, Rocket. Maybe you think you cheated less, but you still cheated.

Why would McNamee finger Pettite correctly, but you wrongly? If he had helped name 79 players instead of 80, would he have been any less successful? Clemens is irritating me by attempting to waste tax dollars with this friv. garbage. Get over it.

You think the Feds are pursuing Barry to give him a parking ticket? Anderson already spent a year of his life in jail protecting Barry. Clemens seems like he is being stupid enough to make the same mistakes

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:22 pm

"Kevin Kennedy said that a current colleague of his, who was with the Boston Red Sox in 2004, told him that he (the colleague) witnessed, for a fact, a member of the '04 Red Sox injecting himself in the buttocks with a needle full of PEDs. Kennedy said that the user is no longer a member of the Red Sox - but, he was a player on the team that won the ring in 2004".

Wonderful...we cut McNamee's balls off because it's his word against Roger's...In the Kennedy story it was a colleague of Kennedy who told Kennedy about this player.....just brilliant.......that is third person testimony.....that is hearsay, clearly....Mcnamee is eyewitness.......c'mon guys......on top of all this the writer of this thread never heard the entire kennedy statement or conversation.....

* Manramfan

I was saying he was the player in 04, but he was a reserve IF who got caught with steroids in his car, yes it was in the report but it was widely known prior to report. My feeling is Kevin Kennedy should have named who vice throwing it out there. If he's not man enough to say who, then I can care less. I find it peculiar that he mentioned it. Should have mentioned what he saw with Toronto while he was there. Maybe some media will pick up on the story and press him for what he knows, or better yet, get congress to press some of these owners and trainers for what they kn

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:22 pm

* yankee1063

dont we report to camp towards the end of next month, so now we have the clemens hearings going on in feb, and this santana c**** boiling over, well at least, we have mo, posada, pettite, and arod signe

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks to Swifter from Espn boards postinng this.

Mac Meets with Fed and IRS. Jan 10

the same two from the Grimsley Investigation, also the ones "that poffered Mac". Theyre last great feat resulted in the apology to Clemens by the LA Times.

Personal? naahhhh

theyre just getting their story straight....hmmmm

c(^_^)p pssst who is the cheater?

http://www.khou.com/sports/stories/khou080110_cc_mcnamee.da2e0ac.html

Clemens' trainer meets with federal prosecutors

08:43 PM CST on Thursday, January 10, 2008

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Roger Clemens' accuser met for about three hours Thursday with federal prosecutors investigating performance-enhancing drugs in sports.

Associated Press

Brian McNamee

Brian McNamee, the pitcher's former trainer, talked with Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Parrella and IRS Special Agent Jeff Novitzky about the events that led up to his phone call last week with the seven-time Cy Young Award winner, a person familiar with the session said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose details.

The meeting took place at the office of Earl Ward, one of McNamee's lawyers. Parrella and Novitzky, part of the BALCO prosecution team that has indicted Barry Bonds for perjury and obstruction of justice, were in the area for Friday's sentencing of former track star Marion Jones.

Clemens and McNamee have been asked to testify Feb. 13 before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Andy Pettitte and Chuck Knoblauch, two of Clemens' former teammates, also have been asked to testify along with Kirk Radomski, the former New York Mets clubhouse attendant who pleaded guilty to distributing steroids to major league players.

Jones pleaded guilty in October to lying about her steroid use and lying about a check-fraud scheme. She is to be sentenced in federal court in White Plains.

McNamee told prosecutors and baseball investigator George Mitchell last year that he injected Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone in 1998, 2000 and 2001, an accusation Clemens has denied. Clemens' legal team recorded Friday's 17-minute telephone conversation between the pitcher and McNamee, and they played the recording during their news conference Monday in Houston.

The call did not contain any conclusive evidence as to who was telling the truth.

Richard Emery, one of McNamee's lawyers, declined to comment on Thursday's meeting or even whether it took place.

Clemens sued McNamee for defamation on Sunday in Texas state court. McNamee has held off on filing his own suit against the seven-time Cy Young Award winner.

"We still want to see what he has to say before Congress," Emery said. Clemens' side has accused McNamee of trying to avoid getting served with the suit.

"Nobody is avoiding service. That is an absolute fabrication," Emery said. "If he has a stupid, incompetent process server, that doesn't mean that Brian is avoiding service."

When the hearing was postponed Wednesday from Jan. 16 to Feb. 13, the committee said it wanted to take depositions from the five. Lawyers for the five are speaking with committee staff about setting up the depositions.

"We've asked to meet with the committee staff and discuss all that, and we're waiting to hear back from them," said Rusty Hardin, Clemens' lawyer.

"We're working on making whatever logistical arrangements are necessary," Emery said.

McNamee has an agreement with prosecutors that no charges would be filed against him as long as he told the truth to them and Mitchell. His lawyers have asked Congress for immunity when he testifies. Clemens' lawyers have said their client will not ask for immunity.

Hardin questioned Wednesday why McNamee was seeking immunity from Congress.

"I think it's disgraceful that Hardin would try and spin the fact that Brian is requesting immunity equal to that which the Northern District of California already has given him," Emery said.

"Brian has forthrightly and honestly admitted distributing steroids and has thereby subjected himself potentially to federal prosecution for which he is asking for immunity and for which has received immunity from the Northern District of California.

Before he testifies in Congress, he has to be sure that he has the equivalent protection, but he's not asking for any protection from perjury.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Clemens' trainer meets with federal prosecutors

http://www.khou.com/sports/stories/khou080110_cc_mcnamee.da2e0ac.html

08:43 PM CST on Thursday, January 10, 2008

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Roger Clemens' accuser met for about three hours Thursday with federal prosecutors investigating performance-enhancing drugs in sports.

Brian McNamee, the pitcher's former trainer, talked with Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Parrella and IRS Special Agent Jeff Novitzky about the events that led up to his phone call last week with the seven-time Cy Young Award winner, a person familiar with the session said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose details.

The meeting took place at the office of Earl Ward, one of McNamee's lawyers. Parrella and Novitzky, part of the BALCO prosecution team that has indicted Barry Bonds for perjury and obstruction of justice, were in the area for Friday's sentencing of former track star Marion Jones.

Clemens and McNamee have been asked to testify Feb. 13 before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Andy Pettitte and Chuck Knoblauch, two of Clemens' former teammates, also have been asked to testify along with Kirk Radomski, the former New York Mets clubhouse attendant who pleaded guilty to distributing steroids to major league players.

Jones pleaded guilty in October to lying about her steroid use and lying about a check-fraud scheme. She is to be sentenced in federal court in White Plains.

McNamee told prosecutors and baseball investigator George Mitchell last year that he injected Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone in 1998, 2000 and 2001, an accusation Clemens has denied. Clemens' legal team recorded Friday's 17-minute telephone conversation between the pitcher and McNamee, and they played the recording during their news conference Monday in Houston.

The call did not contain any conclusive evidence as to who was telling the truth.

Richard Emery, one of McNamee's lawyers, declined to comment on Thursday's meeting or even whether it took place.

Clemens sued McNamee for defamation on Sunday in Texas state court. McNamee has held off on filing his own suit against the seven-time Cy Young Award winner.

"We still want to see what he has to say before Congress," Emery said. Clemens' side has accused McNamee of trying to avoid getting served with the suit.

"Nobody is avoiding service. That is an absolute fabrication," Emery said. "If he has a stupid, incompetent process server, that doesn't mean that Brian is avoiding service."

When the hearing was postponed Wednesday from Jan. 16 to Feb. 13, the committee said it wanted to take depositions from the five. Lawyers for the five are speaking with committee staff about setting up the depositions.

"We've asked to meet with the committee staff and discuss all that, and we're waiting to hear back from them," said Rusty Hardin, Clemens' lawyer.

"We're working on making whatever logistical arrangements are necessary," Emery said.

McNamee has an agreement with prosecutors that no charges would be filed against him as long as he told the truth to them and Mitchell. His lawyers have asked Congress for immunity when he testifies. Clemens' lawyers have said their client will not ask for immunity.

"I think it's disgraceful that Hardin would try and spin the fact that Brian is requesting immunity equal to that which the Northern District of California already has given him," Emery said.

"Brian has forthrightly and honestly admitted distributing steroids and has thereby subjected himself potentially to federal prosecution for which he is asking for immunity and for which has received immunity from the Northern District of California.

Before he testifies in Congress, he has to be sure that he has the equivalent protection, but he's not asking for any protection from perjury."

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:32 pm

why didnt you post that piece on the boy in the bad lands?

why are there so many questions? shoudl be open and shut case?

why wasnt mac prosecuted for trafficking at least?

do the post on the badland boston boy...please? i know where it is...

so why did roger file defamation lawsuit and not slander or libel? Why did rogers lawyer say mac lied to avoid prosecution when the deal was he lies he's prosecuted? confusing all this stuff

okay the rest will go in to Clemens homers off of Goose

...but, these two agents were the same that investigated GRIMSLEY AND AS RESULT LA TIMES ISSUED

and apology smile .....this is business and your taking it very, very personal. isnt that right tom?!?

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:34 pm

Ex-Clemens' trainer McNamee talks with U.S. attorney, IRS agent

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3191140

Associated Press

Updated: January 10, 2008, 10:30 PM ET

"We still want to see what he has to say before Congress," Emery said.

Clemens' side has accused McNamee of trying to avoid getting served with the suit.

"I think it's disgraceful that Hardin would try and spin the fact that Brian is requesting immunity equal to that which the Northern District of California already has given him," Emery said. "Brian has forthrightly and honestly admitted distributing steroids and has thereby subjected himself potentially to federal prosecution for which he is asking for immunity and for which has received immunity from the Northern District of California. Before he testifies in Congress, he has to be sure that he has the equivalent protection, but he's not asking for any protection from perjury."

Also, union head Donald Fehr said that there had been a preliminary discussion with management about the Mitchell Report's recommendations.

"Nothing substantive," Fehr said.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Yankee DOCTOR says ROG didnt do roids

http://www.khou.com/sports/astros/stories/khou080108_tj_clemensdoc.2f12e5b.html

Via KHOU.com -

Dr. Fran Pirozzolo started his sports psychology practice in the mid-1980s.

He's counseled many big name athletes since then. He was the Astros team psychologist when Darryl Kile pitched his no-hitter and he worked with the Texans the team?s first four years.

However, from 1996 thru 2002, Pirozzolo was with the Yankees. Moreover, for three seasons he lockered beside Roger Clemens.

?I was with him a lot and I never saw anything illicit take place,? Pirozzolo said.

He said he used to play golf and workout with Clemens. He even took injections of B-12 and painkiller at the same time as him.

But he never saw anything involving steroids.

?Because of our close relationship, I would think he would have shared that with me, like some young players did,? said Pirozzolo. ?And I would always tell them no.?

Pirozzolo maintains when Pettitte says he took human growth hormone, he was actually rehabbing at Yankee headquarters in Tampa:

?If he had any idea it was illegal, he wouldn't have done it,? said Pirozzolo. ?That guy, he's so straight, he wouldn't even drink Red Bull.?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and COngress Delays...for deposition, romanski sentence (not for "lying"), and more evidence...also looking into espn's coverage and delayed tape (evidence)

A lawyer for McNamee said Wednesday his client wants immunity from the House committee. Hardin said Clemens will not request immunity."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3188417&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines

also...JAYS CHIROPRACTER SAYS ROG WASNT ON ROIDS TOO

these are uncontested witnesses

their expert opinions will be evidence and CAN NOT be underminded by ANY JUDGE

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:38 pm

T.O. saved "for later games?"

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/giants/archives/2008/01/to_practices_wi.html

Jerry Jones said Terrell Owens' availability Sunday is a "very legitimate game-time decision," and would be weighed against a risk of Owens not being available for future games, a statement that certainly will interest the Giants New York Giants .

"We know how critical this game is. Nothing else happens if we don't win this game," Jones said. "On the other hand, his availability will be determined to, probably a large part, about what kind of risk is involved about not having him for later games."

Owens (high ankle sprain) returned to practice today, and dallascowboys.com reported that he looked "pretty comfortable running routes in the brief portion open to the media."

"I thought that he moved well and ran at the level that we were practicing," Jones said. "It is a decision that needs to be made at game time."

Owens hurt the ankle in the next-to-last regular-season game, against Carolina. He did not play in the finale against the Redskins, and the Cowboys had a bye last weekend.

"It's really relative to, is one play worth not having him if you should make it to the next game, and to the next game not having him again," Jones said. "Is one play worth that? ... No. No.

"That, to me, is the decision Wade (Phillips, coach) will make relative to how effective he can be in the game."

Jones said there could be a "dramatic difference" in Owens' health a week from Sunday, when the NFC Championship would be played.

"But make no mistake about it, [this] Sunday is the major point of emphasis," Jones said. "Any decision will be made risking most anything to have success Sunday."

Phillips repeated numerous times that T.O. was "limited" in practice, yet did not refer to his availability for future games. Owens did not speak to the media.

"He was limited in practice, but having him back out there helped the atmosphere, as far as practice was concerned," Phillips said.

Phillips said Owens warmed up, took part in drills and ran routes. Members of the media noticed sometimes he was limping and other times he wasn't.

"He did some team stuff, he sure did, but it was limited, what we did," Phillips said.

The coach was very guarded -- some called him "coy" -- about Owens' status for Sunday.

"He had some trouble with some cuts; he looked OK," Phillips said. "We're not deciding [if he will play] today anyway."

The Giants have said they expect Owens will play.

"Whether he does or not, that's what they have to plan for," Phillips said.

"I hope he gets better; it would bode well for us. If he doesn't, we'll have to see.

"I don't think it would be a surprise if he plays, but it would be a nice present."

Phillips said WR Terry Glenn was "doing better," and that DL Demarcus Ware was excused for a family, medical matter but is expected back tomorrow.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Cowboys Looking past Giants

Thinking about resting TO so he is ready for the rest of the playoffs

"We know how critical this game is. Nothing else happens if we don't win this game," Jones said. "On the other hand, his availability will be determined to, probably a large part, about what kind of risk is involved about not having him for later games."

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/giants/archives/2008/01/to_practices_wi.html

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Yanks serious about Cameron, Melky used for bullpen?
LouHermanMantle Post #1: 10:22 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 1473

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Brewers are not the only ones in the hunt for Mike Camerson. Seems like the Yankee interest is gaining some strength. Im trying to make sense of this... Okay, Hanky Panky said he's leaning against trading for Santana. Seems like Hal and Cash got to him. So NO Santana. They are going to get Cameron for what?!?! Melky has more upside right now, and is a decent hitter....UNLESS, the Yankees are looking to trade Melky, ANYWAY, and get some bullpen help... One of the names being thrown around is Huston Street. The Yankees could package Melky with some prospects and try and deal for Street...maybe Nathan. Seems to me like the Yankees are hell bent on trading Melky while his stock is still high. MANY teams have asked about Melky. Another name thrown around is an Damaso Marte, ex Yankee.

Let's see what happens.
Guillenbestssopssince04 Post #2: 10:24 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 34

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Brewers are not the only ones in the hunt for Mike Camerson. Seems like the Yankee interest is gaining some strength. Im trying to make sense of this... Okay, Hanky Panky said he's leaning against trading for Santana. Seems like Hal and Cash got to him. So NO Santana. They are going to get Cameron for what?!?! Melky has more upside right now, and is a decent hitter....UNLESS, the Yankees are looking to trade Melky, ANYWAY, and get some bullpen help... One of the names being thrown around is Huston Street. The Yankees could package Melky with some prospects and try and deal for Street...maybe Nathan. Seems to me like the Yankees are hell bent on trading Melky while his stock is still high. MANY teams have asked about Melky. Another name thrown around is an Damaso Marte, ex Yankee.

Let's see what happens.

who cares. 200 million, and they have average pitching. pathetic

LouHermanMantle Post #3: 10:26 pm Quote | Report Violation

Let's see what happens.

who cares. 200 million, and they have average pitching. pathetic

Ignorance is stupidity's ugly half sister...
tygerphan4ever Post #4: 10:30 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 9407

Let's see what happens.

I think Street would be a real good pickup for the Yanks,him in a setup role to Rivera would really make alot of sense for them in my view. Just as with my club to it's closer,the Yankees need someone solid to get the ball to Mo after the SP is gone....Farnsworth aint cuttin' it.
StanMarsh51 Post #5: 10:33 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 5681
I haven't seen Cameron play since he left the Mets, so I don't know if his defense is still great or if he's declined (he is 35).....

judging from his hitting stats, he can be an average to above average bat in the lineup, but if he can still play great D (would you happen to know Lou?), it could be a decent move (although it'll be a short term one)
LouHermanMantle Post #6: 10:34 pm Quote | Report Violation
If you throw Farnsworth and My Little Pony Pavano in a blender, you'll get a dog Sh.IT shake.
LouHermanMantle Post #7: 10:36 pm Quote | Report Violation

I haven't seen Cameron play since he left the Mets, so I don't know if his defense is still great or if he's declined (he is 35).....

judging from his hitting stats, he can be an average to above average bat in the lineup, but if he can still play great D (would you happen to know Lou?), it could be a decent move (although it'll be a short term one)

Stan, I believe he won the Gold Glove in 2006 and had a good defensive year in 2007.. Anything, I mean ANYTHING is better than Johnny Damon's school girl arm.
tygerphan4ever Post #8: 10:37 pm Quote | Report Violation

If you throw Farnsworth and My Little Pony Pavano in a blender, you'll get a dog Sh.IT shake.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... ironically enough,Kyle pitched quite well for the Tigers,believe it or not. Still,I know you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh it.
tygerphan4ever Post #9: 10:38 pm Quote | Report Violation
^ Firefox sucks^
Weihbe6 Post #10: 10:40 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 1335
Please stop posting, you are so ridiculously annoying, I would really appreciate if you would stop posting this ridiculous, preposterous proposals...

Indulge me for a second, who will the Yankees trade to aquire Huston Street?

How can you say Melky is better than Cameron? He is one of the worst offensive outfielders in the AL, if you would like me to post statistics, I will

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:44 pm

johan santana
jsoln1 Post #1: 6:03 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 180

where will he land and for what.

A mets

B yankees

C red sox

D twins keep him
tygerphan4ever Post #2: 6:07 pm Quote | Report Violation
I think it's b,the same pkg Steinbrenner is now offering,I don't think he'll budge for more
EC_Bias Post #3: 6:00 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 2742

I think it's b,the same pkg Steinbrenner is now offering,I don't think he'll budge for more

The Yankees don't have any standing offers.

LouHermanMantle Post #4: 6:10 pm Quote | Report Violation

2 things can happen..

Twins keep him and trade Nathan... I dont think it's going to happen seeing as Johan already rejected an offer made by the Twins... Unless the Twins are willing to do what the Rangers did with A Rod and invest such a large percentage of their budget on ONE guy... Take into consideration guys like Mauer, Morneau, Liriano, Nathan, Cuddyer, even Delmon. All that money into ONE guy could hurt them in the long run. It's not like they are going to be competing any time soon.

OR

The Mets get him. Minaya got the green light to go after Johan. The latest offer was Gomez, Guerra, Mulvey and Humber. The Twins are said to be looking at Martinez... Maybe to replace Gomez or make it a 5 for 1... though I dont see Minaya going that route. Seems like the Twins dropped the Reyes demand.

I say he goes to the Mets. A is my final answer Regis.
LouHermanMantle Post #5: 6:10 pm Quote | Report Violation

Daily News is reporting that Hank is now "Leaning away from Santana"....

Go figure.
tygerphan4ever Post #6: 6:15 pm Quote | Report Violation

What about the pkg they were talking about before,which was Hughes or Kennedy plus a couple lesser prospects?

EC_Bias Post #7: 6:18 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 2742

What about the pkg they were talking about before,which was Hughes or Kennedy plus a couple prospects?

That was pulled off the table some time ago...and "talks" the Yanks and Bill Smith have don't involve a set package saying this is the offer, nor can Minny say we'll just accept the original offer (Hughes, Melky, Marquez +1) and then the Yanks renegotiate the ext.

gunnarthor Post #8: 6:18 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 2061

There was an article in today's StarTribune that indicated the Mets were pretty close and if they add Martinez, they have him. As a Twins fan, I hope we keep him but Mets isn't a bad trade. Keeps him out of the AL and the Mets would be giving a few prospects back that might help.

The other wildcard would be if the Dodgers/Angels/Dbacks etc got in on the Santana market but they don't seem to be.
LouHermanMantle Post #9: 6:21 pm Quote | Report Violation

There was an article in today's StarTribune that indicated the Mets were pretty close and if they add Martinez, they have him. As a Twins fan, I hope we keep him but Mets isn't a bad trade. Keeps him out of the AL and the Mets would be giving a few prospects back that might help.

The other wildcard would be if the Dodgers/Angels/Dbacks etc got in on the Santana market but they don't seem to be.

Between Haren and Johnson, they've given up quite a few top prospects... i dont know if the DBacks get him without giving up some Major League talent. The Angels have the pieces, as do the Dodgers. The Mets have the best offer.
tygerphan4ever Post #10: 6:21 pm Quote | Report Violation

What about the pkg they were talking about before,which was Hughes or Kennedy plus a couple prospects?

That was pulled off the table some time ago...and "talks" the Yanks and Bill Smith have don't involve a set package saying this is the offer, nor can Minny say we'll just accept the original offer (Hughes, Melky, Marquez +1) and then the Yanks renegotiate the ext.

Isn't that something? I wasn't aware they had removed that offer.

lindydawgs88 Post #11: 7:03 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 120

where will he land and for what.

A mets

B yankees

C red sox

D twins keep him

A! A! A! A!
patriotjake252 Post #12: 7:12 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 523

Between Haren and Johnson, they've given up quite a few top prospects... i dont know if the DBacks get him without giving up some Major League talent. The Angels have the pieces, as do the Dodgers. The Mets have the best offer.

The D'backs will never pay what Santana is asking or give a 6 or 7 year contract.
flightbro321 Post #13: 8:28 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 15
If he gets traded when do you think it will be? soon? wait another month? When do you think the twins would deal their ace if they do?
El_Dood Post #14: 8:56 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 1265

Just a week ago Hank was saying he was leanding towards doing a deal to bring in Santana...now this week he's leaning against it. The guy just rambles to keep himself in the press. He's said one thing, only to turn around and conflict it, several times over the last couple months. All I know is, if it comes down to Boston or the other NY team landing Johan, Hank isn't just gonna sit back and watch it happen without at least some kind of effort/final offer.

But the Mets seem to really be coming on strong. They've got some really nice prospects. If they include Martinez in a deal - really the only guy out there who's on par with Huges as a truly elite prospect - then I think they've got a great shot at landing him. Minaya apparently has the OK to fork over the kinda $$ it'll take to extend Johan, and the Twins would certainly prefer to move to an an NL club, all other things being roughly equal. But, heck, if the Mets will include both Martinez & Gomez I think that offer is far superior to even the Hughes package.
tygerphan4ever Post #15: 9:34 pm Quote | Report Violation

Just a week ago Hank was saying he was leanding towards doing a deal to bring in Santana...now this week he's leaning against it. The guy just rambles to keep himself in the press. He's said one thing, only to turn around and conflict it, several times over the last couple months. All I know is, if it comes down to Boston or the other NY team landing Johan, Hank isn't just gonna sit back and watch it happen without at least some kind of effort/final offer.

But the Mets seem to really be coming on strong. They've got some really nice prospects. If they include Martinez in a deal - really the only guy out there who's on par with Huges as a truly elite prospect - then I think they've got a great shot at landing him. Minaya apparently has the OK to fork over the kinda $$ it'll take to extend Johan, and the Twins would certainly prefer to move to an an NL club, all other things being roughly equal. But, heck, if the Mets will include both Martinez & Gomez I think that offer is far superior to even the Hughes package.

If you're right,that would be real helpful to the AL contenders who don't get Johan. Of course that's going to make the Mets hell to deal with come October,but at least there's a fighting chance of beating them-more so than if he ended up in the Bronx or Boston....if he lands in either of those 2 places,we've got an earmarked WS favorite straight away. Reading all these Johan threads tells me the Yankee fans are divided as to whether they want him there anyway,for what they would have to give up. But let me ask you something,do you think there's any chance of the Twins hanging onto him at least til midseason...thinking they might make a run for it?

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:06 pm

The Game for Santana Is Stretching On

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/11/sports/baseball/11chass.html?_r=1&ref=baseball&oref=slogin

The most popular baseball game of the winter seems to be endless. If it were being played in July, it would be in extra innings, and the innings would be whizzing by with no end in sight.

This is very likely how Twins pitcher Johan Santana feels. He is the game, and he eagerly awaits the outcome so that he will know where to go for spring training — Tampa, Fort Myers or Port St. Lucie. Those cities are in Florida, but different airports serve them. To which one should Santana buy a ticket?

Peter Greenberg, Santana’s agent, said he had told the Twins that Santana would like to have his situation settled before spring training.

Bill Smith, the Minnesota general manager, didn’t confirm that conversation Thursday, but he said: “Peter Greenberg and Santana have been phenomenal through this whole process. They’ve been patient. They understand it’s a big deal to them and it’s a big deal to the Minnesota Twins.”

Other than acknowledging that something is happening, Smith has declined to discuss his efforts to trade Santana. But he has spent much of the last 10 weeks trying to get a deal that would make it palatable to trade Santana, who could wind up in Boston, in the Bronx or in Queens.

The Yankees and the Red Sox have been portrayed as the pitcher’s chief pursuers, but their inability to consummate a deal indicates that either they aren’t willing to give the Twins the package of players they want or the Twins won’t accept the packages they are offering.

The Mets have been lurking in the background, waiting for such a circumstance to develop, but they don’t seem to be in any better position than the Yankees or the Red Sox, despite a report Thursday in the Minneapolis newspaper The Star Tribune.

People with the Mets and the Yankees suspect that the report, which said the Mets “might be the best fit,” was an idea generated by the Twins in an effort to induce the Yankees to move. General managers have been known to use reporters to stir another team’s interest.

The Yankees, after all, compete with the Mets as well as the Red Sox and have to guard their flank as carefully as they do their front.

Still, there is no question that Omar Minaya, the Mets’ general manager, covets Santana. Who wouldn’t?

Right now, the Mets’ starting rotation has Pedro Martínez, John Maine, Oliver Pérez, Orlando Hernández and Mike Pelfrey. Maybe they could get by with that group, maybe not. But if Santana were in there, Mets fans might forget last season’s September swoon.

A member of the Twins organization said that a month ago the Mets were barely mentioned in internal discussions about Santana, because they didn’t seem to have enough talent to trade. That assessment lends credence to the idea that a game within the game may be afoot.

The Star Tribune report said the Mets had offered pitchers Phil Humber, Kevin Mulvey and Deolis Guerra, as well as outfielder Carlos Gómez. But a Mets official said they had made no offer, only discussed players in the context of what kinds of players the Twins were seeking — major league-ready players or minor league prospects.

The newspaper report suggested that the deal would be done if the Mets put a fifth player, Fernando Martínez, an outfield prospect, in the package. But the Mets won’t give the Twins five players any more than they would give them José Reyes, whom the Twins wanted. A deal would already have been made had the Mets been willing to trade Reyes.

The Yankees’ interest in a Santana trade is uncertain. There has been an internal division among Yankees executives, and on Thursday Hank Steinbrenner, the leading (perhaps lone) proponent of a Santana deal, said he was leaning against it.

“I’m starting to wonder myself,” he said in a telephone interview. “I’m starting to waver. Would we want him? Of course. But it would be a tall order.” He referred to the combined price of a player package and a new contract.

Steinbrenner, the club’s top-ranking executive, said he did not want the Twins to think the Yankees were completely out of the picture, but he said their offer of four players, including Phil Hughes and Melky Cabrera, was no longer available for the taking.

“I think they like our offer best,” he said. “But that offer isn’t on the table, where it’s up to them to take it. It’s up to what we want to do.”

Santana, who has a no-trade clause in his contract, has indicated he would accept a trade to any of the three teams.

He has said privately that he was intrigued by the idea of playing in the National League and possibly winning a couple of Cy Young awards in the N.L. to go with his two in the American League.

On the other hand, the Red Sox hold spring training in Fort Myers, where Santana is building a home.

The club that gets Santana will have to sign him to a contract extension or allow him to become a free agent after next season. His asking price will be steep — six or seven years for $25 million a year and a signing bonus to waive his no-trade clause and effectively increase his 2008 salary of $13.25 million to current market value.

The game goes on.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:08 pm

The Game for Santana Is Stretching On

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/11/sports/baseball/11chass.html?_r=1&ref=baseball&oref=slogin

“I’m starting to wonder myself,” he said in a telephone interview. “I’m starting to waver. Would we want him? Of course. But it would be a tall order.” He referred to the combined price of a player package and a new contract.

Steinbrenner, the club’s top-ranking executive, said he did not want the Twins to think the Yankees were completely out of the picture, but he said their offer of four players, including Phil Hughes and Melky Cabrera, was no longer available for the taking.

“I think they like our offer best,” he said. “But that offer isn’t on the table, where it’s up to them to take it. It’s up to what we want to do.”

Santana, who has a no-trade clause in his contract, has indicated he would accept a trade to any of the three teams.

He has said privately that he was intrigued by the idea of playing in the National League and possibly winning a couple of Cy Young awards in the N.L. to go with his two in the American League.

The club that gets Santana will have to sign him to a contract extension or allow him to become a free agent after next season. His asking price will be steep — six or seven years for $25 million a year and a signing bonus to waive his no-trade clause and effectively increase his 2008 salary of $13.25 million to current market value.

Johan's intrigued by idea playing for Mets? It's all about the Money . Maury Chass is a f*cking idiot.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:16 pm

Ya gotta give Bill Smith an "A" for effort.....

The Yankees already know the Redsox are full of shit, so now this Mets deal gets floated when Omar left for an 8 day vacation days ago...

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:22 pm

Hello Everyone

I was invited here by Dan and glad to find this forum. I am the host of a weekly podcast about NY Baseball at a site called www.gothamsportsradio.com

I will be sure to add you to the next update of my blog roll and keep you informed of good Yankees content

Thank you for letting me be part of your community

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Jason Lane-OF-Padres Jan. 10 - 8:15 pm et

Yankees GM Brian Cashman said he's agreed to terms with Jason Lane on a minor league deal.
Lane doesn't make a lot of sense for the Yankees unless Shelley Duncan's health problems are more severe than everyone has been led to believe. He's not a bad option as a reserve outfielder, especially on a team with so many left-handed hitters, but the Yankees have had a chance to carry similar players in the past and passed.
Source: The Journal News

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next