Yankeeslegends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santana

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Santana - Page 11 Empty Re: Santana

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:38 am

talk about a sack lunch...

Posted by: nic | January 09, 2008 at 09:23 PM

hall gets paid millions to play a game.

he needs to shut his hole and play where they tell him to. (with that said, i like hall and dont think he should have been moved in the first place.)

Posted by: bsox21 | January 09, 2008 at 09:35 PM

I just can't see the Brewers making that many changes on the defensive side to acquire a center fielder. I will say though that signing Cameron would definetely be an upgrade and something I would like to see. If they are going to switch positions around why not just move Hall to LF and leave Braun at third.

Posted by: BrewCrew | January 09, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Leave Braun at third? Yikes.

Might as well sign Helen Keller and put her at the hot corner. She can't be any worse.

Posted by: JerseyMetFan | January 09, 2008 at 10:41 PM

The Brewers aren't making that many changes to acquire a centerfielder; they're making that many changes to move Braun off third base.

Posted by: Devlsh | January 09, 2008 at 11:08 PM

but helen keller doesn´t have the bat that Braun has, why can you just be a little patient, was his rookie year, maybe he can improve

Posted by: alexpadres | January 09, 2008 at 11:41 PM

"hall gets paid millions to play a game.

he needs to shut his hole and play where they tell him to."

Shut your mouth if you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Hall has not said one word about not wanting to move back. He is a consumate team player.

It's the Brewers management that doesn't want to move him back because they've been moving him around for a long time and they feel they owed it to him to give him one spot.

Posted by: brewersfan729 | January 10, 2008 at 01:17 AM

touche' brewersfan729

nic - you are the one who needs to shut your hole. The amount of money a player makes has nothing to do with the effect on his playing production while having to learn a new position every year. Hall has never complained once about being moved. But that's even beside the point. It's smart to leave Hall in in CF because he is likely to be a more productive player there than if he were again moved to a new position.

Posted by: BrewDawg | January 10, 2008 at 06:50 AM

I do not see the Brewers getting a Centerfielder. They might get a baseman in a trade, but that means they will move Braun to centerfield. Cameron is not a good fit, no speed, no defense and high strikeouts. The Brewers already have too many who will strike out.

Posted by: Knuffy | January 10, 2008 at 06:55 AM

"Cameron is not a good fit, no speed, no defense and high strikeouts."

Wow, clueless much?

Posted by: brewersfan729 | January 10, 2008 at 07:45 AM

"no speed, no defense and high strikeouts."

Are you thinking of Mark Carreon?

Posted by: Comma8 | January 10, 2008 at 08:25 AM

Hmmm, this is a tough situation for the brewers. Cameron might be the best option they can get as an OF stopgap. I'd support moving Hall to LF or 3B, but our lineup would be completely composed of guys who hit for power and strike out too much, not to mention are all right-handed hitters except Fielder. I think if Melvin signs Cameron he trades Hall and Cappy/Vargas/Bush to Texas for the left-handed hitting Blalock. It all seems like a lot of risk to me...

Posted by: MrQuestions | January 10, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Maybe the Brewers could trade Hall for DeJesus. This seems like it would make both clubs better. DeJesus is bats left and plays center. The Royals would get a right handed bat, with a little added pop. The Brewers could still pick up Cameron, and move DeJesus to left.

Posted by: wcg1380 | January 10, 2008 at 11:06 AM

what would the padres have to give up to acquire hall?

Posted by: deadbeat17 | January 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Any chance the Angels get in on a Bill Hall trade? We have plenty of outfielders and pitchers to spare, both of which the Brewers need.
Willits, Santana, and a prospect for Hall? Is that too much?

Posted by: bseballcrzy17 | January 10, 2008 at 11:27 AM

sign Lofton for CF, Hall back to 3B, Braun to LF

CF-Lofton
SS-Hardy
LF-Braun
1B-Fielder
3B-Hall
RF-Hart
2B-Weeks
C-Kendall

Posted by: maximumpotential | January 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM

I didn't think that the Brewers were looking to sign an outfielder to a multi-year deal.. I'm not sure exactly how many years Cameron will wind up getting, but I imagine it would be at least 3.

Nobody likes to shift a guy around a lot.. A similar thing happened with Casey Blake for the Indians in the past few years, he has been yanked around between RF, 3B and 1B.. but the Indians finally settle on a home for him at third (probably, haha). I think it is definitely worth talking to your guys and seeing if they are willing/able to make the switch. I think that both Braun and Hall would be willing to move to LF and 3B, respectively, to get a guy like Mike Cameron.. Also, both guys should be more than capable of making the switch. Cameron is getting up there in age a bit, but still an amazing center fielder, with some good pop in his bat and has decent stolen base potential as well.. His AVG and OBP won't be pretty and he is going to strikeout way too much every year, but still would be a solid addition.

Posted by: GoTribe | January 10, 2008 at 12:26 PM

just for the record, like recent posts have suggested, Bill Hall has never said one word about moving all around, he keeps his mouth shut and does whatever we ask of him .. hes been great for our team. and im glad i purchased his jersey

Posted by: BrewCrew87 | January 10, 2008 at 12:40 PM

does anybody kno the tradability of reggie willits of the angels .. ive been saying for months now that the crew should inquire about his availability .. speed and a high avg/obp switch hitter who plays left field .. hed be perfect as a number 1 hitter/starting left fielder for the crewq

Posted by: BrewCrew87 | January 10, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Just a thought but, Ryan Braun for Reggie Willits and a pitcher maybe Saunders? I think that might be a little high tho but not by much.

It solves problems for Both teams Willits plays CF and hits really well and the Brewers add another Pitcher into the Mix, While the Angels get an Offensive fix for thehot corner.

Posted by: Dev0 | January 10, 2008 at 12:47 PM

its funny you mentioned willits as I was posting about him haha

Posted by: Dev0 | January 10, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Ryan Braun for Reggie Willits and Joe Saunders? I know you said that "it" might be a little high but YOU might be a little high.

Posted by: jrfukudome | January 10, 2008 at 01:16 PM

jrfukudome-

is that high for the Brewers or the Angels? How much do you think it would take to get Braun to the Angels?
Willits, Santana and Figgins?

Posted by: bseballcrzy17 | January 10, 2008 at 02:43 PM

The last thing the Brewers would do is trade Ryan Braun. You've got to remember that salary is a huge thing for a small market team like the Brewers, and star-quality hitters at 1st conract prices are just about the most valuable thing a team can have... right after a 1/2 type starting pitcher who makes about the same amount of $, which we also happen to have in Gallardo.

Posted by: MrQuestions | January 10, 2008 at 02:53 PM

I don't think the Brewers would give up Braun, but your package would sound like the minimum. Think about it this way: Braun probably has more potential than Kendrick, and the Angels wouldn't include Kendrick in a deal for Cabrera. But Ryan Braun for a fourth outfeilder and "pitching depth"? Come on.

Posted by: jrfukudome | January 10, 2008 at 02:55 PM

That said. Those of you calling for the Brewers to look into Willits are right on, I think.

Posted by: jrfukudome | January 10, 2008 at 02:58 PM

I didn't actually think that they would give him up, but hey, you can dream right?
I'll warn you right now though, Willits is HIGHLY overrated. He had one good month, but outside of that, he was below average. He looked lost on the field, and he couldn't really hit that well.
I'd say Bill Hall for Willits and a prospect. That would make me happy.

Posted by: bseballcrzy17 | January 10, 2008 at 03:13 PM

I agree that Willits would be a great move for the Brew, he's exactly what we need...

Posted by: MrQuestions | January 10, 2008 at 03:13 PM

Oh, and Braun as more offensivle potential than Kendrick, but he couldn't like the dirt off of Kendrick's cleat defensively.
Both have very high potential, and IMO, very very bright futures

Posted by: bseballcrzy17 | January 10, 2008 at 03:15 PM

Isn't it about time for that dude to come around and show us the lineup with Lofton in it? Where is he when you need him?

Posted by: jrfukudome | January 10, 2008 at 03:28 PM

Kendrick is a second baseman. Brewers already have a 2B with plenty of upside, are you thinking that Kendrick moves to 3rd?

Posted by: MrQuestions | January 10, 2008 at 03:36 PM

MrQuestions-

Nobody said Kendrick was going anywhere... we were just comparing the two

Posted by: bseballcrzy17 | January 10, 2008 at 04:24 PM

Is a Braun trade conversation seriously going on here? The guy had one of the most incredibly rookie seasons with a bat that any player has ever had. This guy has hall of famer potential, and the Brewers would move him for a solid center fielder and a back of the rotation starter?

Braun would take at least one top notch pitcher prospect, like the Rays got Garza for Young. If the Angels wanted Braun, the talks would start with Jered Weaver or Nick Adenhart. The Brewers would probably want a catcher, either Mathis or Conger. So yeah, its not gonna be for Willits and Saunders. Willits, Santana and Figgins might get it done, but I think the Angels would win that one. The guy is gonna be making practically no money for the next couple years and is under control for quite a while. So yeah, it'd take one of Weaver and Adenhart, and then one of Mathis and Conger. At least.

Posted by: scribbletone | January 10, 2008 at 07:09 PM

“does anybody kno the tradability of reggie willits of the angels .. ive been saying for months now that the crew should inquire about his availability .. speed and a high avg/obp switch hitter who plays left field .. hed be perfect as a number 1 hitter/starting left fielder for the crewq”

Willits will probably be in the minors until there is a major injury. Vlad/Hunter/Mathews/Anderson/Kotchman/Kendirck will on be on the 25-man for the 6 OF/1B/Dh spots, with Quinlan knocking on the door because he can play 3B as well ~ that leave Willits completely assed out… Want him, probably wont take much to get him!

But like BaseballCrazy17 said ~ not sure if you really want him. He will be 27 in 2008, with very little ML experience, very little in the way of positive looking Minor-League numbers (remember, he was 2-3 years older than his competition at each level) and questionable ML numbers anyway. He is probably a fine 4th OFer type, but nothing more than that really.

Posted by: darkstar1661 | January 10, 2008 at 09:20 PM

…errr, scratch that ~ should be:
“Vlad/Hunter/Mathews/Anderson/Kotchman/*KENDRY MORALES* will on be on the 25-man”

(((Man, I think I invert those two each and every time I mention one of them… :\ )

Posted by: darkstar1661 | January 10, 2008 at 09:26 PM

All of you that are even thinking about a possible trade for Ryan Braun are dreaming. You would have to trade your entire farm system for Braun and Melvin still may not do that trade. He is one of the most untouchable players in the majors. Like a person wrote before, he is the perfect Brewer: young, talented, and cheap.

I am ready to start the bandwagon for Shawn Green to Milwaukee. We can put him in LF to fill our hole there. He gives us another left handed bat in the lineup with good average (.291) and good OBP (.351) last year and he still plays decent defense.

Give Green a one year incentive based deal for him to fill in one year until LaPorta is ready. Thoughts?

Posted by: BrewCrew | January 10, 2008 at 10:46 PM

I'd prefer a mega platoon of Gross/Dillon/Rottino/Gwynn whoever-is-hot type of deal the Corey Hary emerged out of last year. I'm not saying that any of those guys are nearly as talented as Corey, but that competition for a position brings out the best in some players.

Shawn Green could end up being a great signing for Milwaukee, as could Cameron or Lofton or maybe even LuGo... however none of these moves seem anywhere near perfect... but this type of thing is always unpredictable, there are way too many factors that none of us know about.

Posted by: MrQuestions | January 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Rumor has it the Yanks might sign Cam to a 2 year deal (which would make me happy) and trade Melky to the Pirates in a deal for Marte. If that happened I'd go nuts. Marte has been my personal #1 target all offseason. I really hope we can get Marte. That would be a huge pick up IMO.

Posted by: gianthinker | January 10, 2008 at 11:18 PM

BrewCrew,

We're not "dreaming" of a Ryan Braun trade; we are remarking how stupid it would be if they signed a mediocre LEFT-fielder and bottom of the lineup hitter (Shawn Green) so that they could guarantee that they're defense was awful and their young pitchers frightened to throw a strike.

Hell, I would soon agree on the Dillon/Gross platoon, that's why I wanted So Taguchi.

I'm not a Brewer's fan but I like the Brewers. It's not as simple as a plus 0.50 OPS in limited at bats for 1/8 of the lineup. I know, I read Moneyball. Again, three kinds of lies . . .

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:39 am

(report inappropriate content)

mcermola............you one ugly mother BLEEP
mcermola
1/10/2008
11:44 PM (report inappropriate content)

Yankeeray i disagree...the yankees need to get santana for a couple of reasons...the main one being that if they dont it is pretty likely the redsox will end up with him and if they get santana with beckett dice k schilling bucholz...it could be a dynasty for the redsox and i think ill shoot myself if that happens...starting pitching has been our main issue throguhout this championship drought...we havent had a real ace in years...we saw what BLEEP did in the playoffs...he isnt an ace but right now he is being thrown into that role...and since when is a 20 million dollar a year contract for the best pitcher in baseball a bad thing...look what we are paying giambi and mussina...what better way to spend the money we will be gettin when those bums contracts end....santana is a must if we can trade hughes, melky and a mid level prospect(no kennedy, tabata, jackson, miranda) almost everyone else should be fair game to be added in. GET SANTANA
alaskanballa
1/10/2008
11:00 PM (report inappropriate content)

getting Santana is a must!! I think the Yanks have to realize that even though they have the best offense in MLB they have not won a series in a while because the pitching was not like it was 8 years ago. That was their trademark and now it has become trying to outscore everyone and hope the pitching can hold on. Santana,Andy, and Weing are a pretty solid top 3 and though Chamberlain,Hughes,and Kennedy lokk promising you can't place all your eggs in that basket....they are all still young pitchers and are bound to have some growingg pains before reaching true potential and getting comfortable as a MLB veteran. Get Cameron,trade Melkyand Hughes and ?? for Santana. This will put the Yanks back in the hunt. Otherwise I see them as playing second fiddle to a few teams when the playoffs start. I am a die hard Yank fan and this hurts to say but it is true and you can't progress if you are not honest with yourself. If they allow Boston to get him they don't have a chance.
YankeeRay This user has a blog
1/10/2008
10:46 PM (report inappropriate content)

The Cameron move is all about Santana.This Yankee fan thinks trading for and signing Santana would be a mistake.Both Melky and Hughes have TOO much upside potential to risk trading away.And the 200 million needed to extend Santana's contract is too burdensome,even for the Yankees.The Yankees have great two and three starters in Pettite and Chien.Yes,they need an ace.But there is a very good chance that between Chamberlain,Hughes,Kenned
y and eventually Alan Horne,an ace will emerge.When Jackson and Tabata are ready for "the show" the Yankees will ahve the speediest,youngest and perhaps the most talented outfielders in baseball.
Let the Sox give up Jacoby Ellsbury and all that cash for Santana.It's a trade that will weigh them down for years to come.
BahstonSux
1/10/2008
9:26 PM (report inappropriate content)

You Yankee haters just don't get it. IF the Yankees get Cameron, it will be almost SOLELY for his DEFENSIVE skills, which are above average. This allows the Yankees FLEXIBILITY in making other deals that can help their pitching needs. Besides, the Yankees have a top CF prospect waiting in the wings that they project to the major league level in a season or two. Moving Melky now for someone that can help the pitching needs NOW (oh, say, as part of a Santana deal, for instance) while keeping the CF spot warm for Austin Jackson (the aforementioned prospect that will eventually be their everyday CF) with someone like Cameron is a solid move. Jackson is the main reason that they can even consider this move...I seem to recall their trading of Soriano...and subsequent promotion of Robinson Cano without any significant dropoff. This is just another situation that will end up much the same way...the Yankees will end up on top of the deal when it's all said and done.
mcermola
1/10/2008
8:28 PM (report inappropriate content)

haha ya good point
yanks112
1/10/2008
8:03 PM (report inappropriate content)

yea thats what i meant 26, 27 is next yr lol
mcermola
1/10/2008
8:01 PM (report inappropriate content)

well its 26...but ya i agree...jpinsp has clearly been living under a rock
yanks112
1/10/2008
8:00 PM (report inappropriate content)

jpinsp, how is a team that has won 27 championships "underachieveing"?? plz answer ths question bc im sure im not the only one confused by ur remark
mcermola
1/10/2008
7:58 PM (report inappropriate content)

jpinsp...are you talking crap about the yankees? a padres fan talking crap?...about the yankees...does 1998 ring a bell(4-0 sweep), does your entire existence compared to the yankees ring a bell...wake up...and know your roll...which is towards the low end of mlb teams.
skandarekbar
1/10/2008
7:56 PM (report inappropriate content)

A-Rod is a Ham Sled, who cares what he thinks.
mcermola
1/10/2008
7:56 PM (report inappropriate content)

as a yankee fan i love this idea. cameron is great defensively...i know he tested positive for steroids but his bat isnt needed anyway...if they do land him that would make the santana deal much easier to pull the trigger on in moving cabrera.
OggyBooBoo
1/10/2008
7:44 PM (report inappropriate content)

is the same Bruno who made up the famous double play combination with Pedro Morales ??????
puckhogg
1/10/2008
7:21 PM (report inappropriate content)

since when are the reds looking for an outfielder? do you just make this stuff up when you are having a slow day? was it payday at fox and you needed to type something to justify your paycheck?
realcowboyfan
1/10/2008
7:17 PM (report inappropriate content)

i gotta ask what are they thinking ? get rid of a 23 year old with at least 10 - 12 good years ahead of him and bring in a 35 year old guy who has maybe and i mean maybe 1 good year left in him. it doesnt make sense unless they trade melky for a pitcher that will help now !!! not prospects
realcows This user has a blog
1/10/2008
7:12 PM (report inappropriate content)

gosh,,,i hope the yanks dont go after Cameron,,,,he is a waste of time,,,
jpinsp
1/10/2008
6:38 PM (report inappropriate content)

As an ardent Padre fan, you Yankers can have Cameron. He has been a strike out machine terrible on base %. In addition, now that he off the "stuff" he should fit right in in your overpaid and underachieving team. Another overpaid stiff in New York.
fando
1/10/2008
6:26 PM (report inappropriate content)

Ken Rosenthal is an idiot
Bob Costas wears a wig
orangeNblack
1/10/2008
5:32 PM (report inappropriate content)

Damn, I really liked Melky too! I just hope this is a good move. We need Santana in pinstripes ! ! !
fando
1/10/2008
5:29 PM (report inappropriate content)

can somebody tell me wich team will Bruno sanmartino play for this season. He was a good second baseman.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:40 am

The Brewers face strong competition for free-agent center fielder Mike Cameron, perhaps stronger than they even imagined.

The Yankees are showing serious interest in Cameron, major-league sources say, figuring that they could trade center fielder Melky Cabrera even if they do not send him to the Twins for left-hander Johan Santana.

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez is a supporter of Cameron's; the two were teammates with the Mariners in 2000. Cameron also has recent experience playing in New York; he was with the Mets in '04 and '05.

Cabrera, 23, is part of the Yankees' offer for Santana, but could fit for several teams that are in the market for a young, affordable, switch-hitting center fielder.

What's hot:
# Rosen: 'Sheed delivers for Pistons

# Whitlock: 'Lynch' quip Imus bad?

# Sir Edmund Hillary dies at 88

# Pistons handle Spurs in Texas

# Majerus' Billikens set new low

Top stories|Rumors|Video|Photos

Those teams include the Cubs, Reds, Braves, Royals and Pirates. The Yankees likely would seek prospects for Cabrera, replace him with Cameron in center and keep Johnny Damon in left.

Damon would remain in center for the start of the season while Cameron serves a 25-game suspension for testing positive for a banned stimulant.

Cameron, 35, likely would sign a two-year deal, giving the Yankees time to continue developing their top center-field prospect, Austin Jackson, who split last season between Class A and Class AA.

The Cubs are on the fringe of the Cameron pursuit, and the Twins' interest could grow if they fail to land a center fielder in a trade for Santana. But Cameron is likely to sign with the Yankees or Brewers before the Santana question is resolved.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:41 am

McNamee meets with federal prosecutors
Associated Press
Updated: January 10, 2008, 11:57 PM EST 23 comments
RSS digg blog email print
NEW YORK (AP) - Roger Clemens' accuser met for about three hours Thursday with federal prosecutors investigating performance-enhancing drugs in sports.

Brian McNamee, the pitcher's former trainer, talked with Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Parrella and IRS Special Agent Jeff Novitzky about the events that led up to his phone call last week with the seven-time Cy Young Award winner, a person familiar with the session said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose details.

Clemens v. McNamee

Roger Clemens

News:
# Congressional hearing postponed

# McNamee: I'd go to jail for Clemens

# Listen: Clemens' dramatic phone call

# McNamee lawyer demands new tape

# Did McNamee lie in '01 rape case?

# Clemens on accusations: 'Hogwash'

# Clemens files defamation lawsuit

Analysis:
# Rosenberg: Clemens strikes out

# Video: Rosenthal dissects the case

# Rosenthal: We've heard it before

The meeting took place at the office of Earl Ward, one of McNamee's lawyers. Parrella and Novitzky, part of the BALCO prosecution team that has indicted Barry Bonds for perjury and obstruction of justice, were in the area for Friday's sentencing of former track star Marion Jones.

Clemens and McNamee have been asked to testify Feb. 13 before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Andy Pettitte and Chuck Knoblauch, two of Clemens' former teammates, also have been asked to testify along with Kirk Radomski, the former New York Mets clubhouse attendant who pleaded guilty to distributing steroids to major league players.

Jones pleaded guilty in October to lying about her steroid use and lying about a check-fraud scheme. She is to be sentenced in federal court in White Plains.

McNamee told prosecutors and baseball investigator George Mitchell last year that he injected Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone in 1998, 2000 and 2001, an accusation Clemens has denied. Clemens' legal team recorded Friday's 17-minute telephone conversation between the pitcher and McNamee, and they played the recording during their news conference Monday in Houston.

The call did not contain any conclusive evidence as to who was telling the truth.

Richard Emery, one of McNamee's lawyers, declined to comment on Thursday's meeting or even whether it took place.

Clemens sued McNamee for defamation on Sunday in Texas state court. McNamee has held off on filing his own suit against the seven-time Cy Young Award winner.

"We still want to see what he has to say before Congress," Emery said.

Clemens' side has accused McNamee of trying to avoid getting served with the suit.

"Nobody is avoiding service. That is an absolute fabrication," Emery said. "If he has a stupid, incompetent process server, that doesn't mean that Brian is avoiding service."

When the hearing was postponed Wednesday from Jan. 16 to Feb. 13, the committee said it wanted to take depositions from the five. Lawyers for the five are speaking with committee staff about setting up the depositions.

What's hot:
# Rosen: 'Sheed delivers for Pistons

# Whitlock: 'Lynch' quip Imus bad?

# Sir Edmund Hillary dies at 88

# Pistons handle Spurs in Texas

# Majerus' Billikens set new low

Top stories|Rumors|Video|Photos

"We've asked to meet with the committee staff and discuss all that, and we're waiting to hear back from them," said Rusty Hardin, Clemens' lawyer.

"We're working on making whatever logistical arrangements are necessary," Emery said.

McNamee has an agreement with prosecutors that no charges would be filed against him as long as he told the truth to them and Mitchell. His lawyers have asked Congress for immunity when he testifies. Clemens' lawyers have said their client will not ask for immunity.

Hardin questioned Wednesday why McNamee was seeking immunity from Congress.

"I think it's disgraceful that Hardin would try and spin the fact that Brian is requesting immunity equal to that which the Northern District of California already has given him," Emery said. "Brian has forthrightly and honestly admitted distributing steroids and has thereby subjected himself potentially to federal prosecution for which he is asking for immunity and for which has received immunity from the Northern District of California. Before he testifies in Congress, he has to be sure that he has the equivalent protection, but he's not asking for any protection from perjury."

Also, union head Donald Fehr said that there had been a preliminary discussion with management about the Mitchell Report's recommendations.

"Nothing substantive," Fehr said.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:43 am

NY Gnats Nation, I only have one thing to say, I got a chance to watch my Boys practice today and I saw Terrell Owens....you guys better find new hobbies until the Mets' or Yankees' Opening Day..........because come Sunday.
Get your popcorn ready!

GETCHA POPCONE READY!!!!

TEE OH IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

*********DALLAS COWBOYS********

********AMERICA'S TEAM***********

NFC EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:47 am

Scouting report: Giants have what it takes to beat Dallas in Round 3

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d805dc6e3&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005

The divisional playoff game between the Giants and Cowboys is Round 3 of a heavyweight fight. Dallas won the first two rounds, 45-35 and 31-20, but that doesn't mean a thing if the Giants knock them out in the final round.

New York is hoping to achieve something that has already happened six times in NFL history -- beat an opponent in the playoffs after being swept by that team in the regular season. For many teams, the extra burden of doing that on the road might be too much to ask, but the Giants have won eight consecutive road games and will be ready to play.

The Cowboys are the No. 1 seed in the NFC, but two of their three losses came at home this season. They have not looked sharp down the stretch, with Tony Romo only throwing one touchdown and the team averaging just 12 points in the last three games. The health and availability of receiver Terrell Owens is still up in the air. Without him, it becomes a level playing field for the Giants.
Kirwan breaks it down
The Giants lost twice to Dallas in the regular season but both games were tightly contested. There's a lot to learn from those games as we get ready for Round 3. Below is a breakdown of where these teams stand heading into Sunday's divisional playoff:

If you like the Giants ...

» Tony Romo has only thrown one touchdown in the last three games with five sacks and five interceptions.
» Terrell Owens scored what proved to be the margin of victory in both Dallas wins over New York this season, but he might not play.
» The Giants had five drives against Dallas this season of more than 10 plays.
» The Giants rushed 49 times for 230 yards and three touchdowns in the two games against the Cowboys.
» Brandon Jacobs has 88 touches (22 a game) for 472 yards and five touchdowns in the last four weeks.

If you like the Cowboys ...

» The Cowboys scored 76 points against the Giants in their two games this year.
» They sacked Eli Manning six times and intercepted him twice.
» Jeremy Shockey caught 17 passes for 166 yards in the two games, but is now on IR.
» The Cowboys average 29.5 points a game at home.
» Dallas has the sixth-ranked run defense, giving up fewer than 100 yards a game.

Key matchups

1. Giants DE Michael Strahan vs. Cowboys RT Marc Colombo: Strahan has been a major force against the run and pass in recent weeks. Strahan also could be playing in his last game, providing extra motivation. Colombo struggles against athletes like Strahan who can rush the passer in many ways. Romo has been sacked five times in the last three games, and Strahan will get home against Colombo more than once.

2. Giants SS James Butler vs. Cowboys TE Jason Witten: Witten will be Romo's go-to guy, especially if Owens is down. Butler needs help, and the Giants will bracket him off with a linebacker and safety. Look for Romo to try to force a few balls in anyway. There will be opportunities for an interception if the Giants disguise the coverage well. Down in the red zone, Witten will win and add to his seven touchdowns during the season. I expect some fire-zone blitzes from the Giants over Witten's alignments, especially when he's on the left side. Butler or any Giants safety will struggle when Witten is lined up "flexed" from the tackle.

3. Giants WR Plaxico Burress vs. Cowboys CB Terence Newman: Burress is still playing in a lot of pain, but last week appeared to have better movement than he had in recent weeks. He caught a combined 12 passes for 168 yards and three scores in the first two meetings. I expect Eli Manning to go deep, unlike last week when the Giants played dink-and-dunk against the Bucs. Newman benefited from an injured Burress in the second game this year, but this sets up more like the first contest.

4. Giants LT David Diehl vs. Cowboys OLB DeMarcus Ware: Ware is the Cowboys' pass-pressure player. He had one sack and three quarterback hits in the two games this season against Manning, who threw a combined 75 passes. Ware will be very aggressive in this game, and I expect Wade Phillips to send him often. Diehl competes and can stay engaged with Ware, so it might be wise for Dallas to stunt the front and bring Ware from different places.

5. Giants RB Brandon Jacobs vs. Cowboys S Roy Williams: Williams made the Pro Bowl and Jacobs didn't. Williams loves to play up in the box, which I expect on first downs. The 265-pound Jacobs has become a force in the last four weeks and will be a lot to handle. I think the Giants will take advantage of all the good plays Jacobs has on film to call play-action pass early in the game and get Williams to bite while trying to get behind him with a tight end. As for the running game, look for the Giants to send Jacobs right at Roy and meet force with force.
When the Giants have the ball

New York has a balanced attack right now and Manning is playing his smartest football of the season. Tampa had the No. 2 defense in the NFL and was well-rested going into the wild-card game against New York. The Giants had 100 yards rushing, but even more impressive was the 20-for-27 passing by Manning.

Giants fullback Madison Hedgecock is 260 pounds and he leads Jacobs, who is even bigger. The Giants have demonstrated an ability to sustain long drives and they will do the same this weekend. When it comes to passing, the Cowboys secondary can be thrown on. Amani Toomer will work the intermediate zones between the linebackers and secondary. Burress will work the deep sidelines and an occasional quick slant route against soft coverages. Look for rookie receiver Steve Smith to get the quick short "over" routes, and I believe young tight end Kevin Boss will split the middle seam more than once.

Wild-card round

Saturday, Jan. 5
» Seattle 35, Washington 14
» Jacksonville 31, Pittsburgh 29
Sunday, Jan. 6
» N.Y. Giants 24, Tampa Bay 14
» San Diego 17, Tennessee 6

Divisional round

Saturday, Jan. 12
» Seattle at Green Bay, 4:30 p.m. ET
» Jacksonville at New England, 8 p.m. ET
Sunday, Jan. 13
» N.Y. Giants at Dallas, 4:30 p.m. ET
» San Diego at Indianapolis, 8 p.m. ET

Dallas will go after Manning and try to hurry his throws, creating bad decisions. The Cowboys will run-blitz the first-down situations and attempt to get Jacobs to stop and start. If Jacobs gets rolling downhill and is not disrupted behind the line of scrimmage, opponents are usually in for a long day.
When the Cowboys have the ball

Dallas has Pro Bowl players at running back, receiver, quarterback and along the line. There are stars in more places than just the middle of their Texas Stadium field.

Romo can make all the throws and he plays with great confidence. Over and over again, he has shown great poise bringing his team from behind.

If Owens can't go, the Giants can focus on three things: Blitz the quarterback, put an extra defender in the run support and double Witten. If they play to the down-and-distance tendencies and don't show their calls too early, they can slow this offense down.

If Owens can go but is not the threat he normally is, then the Giants might consider much less rolled coverage and just play off him with one defender. Keep in mind that Owens' touchdowns provided the margin of victory in both regular-season wins over the Giants. Terry Glenn will not replace the Owens production in this game. The Giants are capable of putting 25 points on the board and the Cowboys know it.
Conclusion

The No. 1 seed in the NFC has gone to 11 of the last 17 Super Bowls, and that makes Dallas a heavy favorite at home. The NFC's No. 5 seed, which the Giants are, has never reached the Super Bowl and has only appeared in one conference championship game, so history says the Giants are done after this game.

I will go against all logic, even though the home teams on divisional playoff weekend are 14-6 in the last five years. New York has the pass rush, the running game and a hot quarterback who can turn the first two losses against Dallas into the experience needed to win a close game. Giants 24, Dallas 21. The deciding factor for me was Dallas' last home game against the Eagles that it lost, 10-6, against a Philadelphia defense built like New York's.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:47 am

Owens works out with Cowboys

ESPN.com news services

Updated: January 11, 2008, 2:00 AM ET

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3190472

IRVING, Texas -- Terrell Owens ran routes and caught passes in his return to practice Thursday, showing only a slight limp at times. The All-Pro receiver seems on track to play in the Dallas Cowboys' playoff game against the New York Giants.

Terrell Owens

Owens

Owens, recovering from a sprained left ankle, didn't go against any defenders during the short period of practice open to the media. But he took part in some team drills after that.

While he was taking full strides running routes and making some cuts without any apparent problems, Owens had a slight limp at times when he jogged or walked.

"I thought that he moved well, and ran at the level that we were practicing, and those weren't half-speed," owner Jerry Jones said. "He's in very good spirits, very competitive spirits, very focused on our success here Sunday."

T.O. stopped and spoke with receivers coach Ray Sherman after completing one route. Owens then took off his helmet and could be seen smiling while talking to backup quarterback Brad Johnson.

Seen in the perimeter around the locker room during lunch before practice, Owens appeared to be walking fine, though he said little.

"You're not getting anything out of me," Owens said.

Owens told the NFL Network he was going to play.

"At a high level," Owens told Deion Sanders. "Not worried about nothing."

Owens hurt his ankle Dec. 22 in the game at Carolina, and sat out the regular-season finale at Washington. He took part in the team's light walkthrough Monday, but didn't practice Wednesday while doing rehabilitation.

"Obviously, he was better today because he practiced some. It was limited," coach Wade Phillips.

Phillips insisted that the receiver is still a game-time decision.

"You think he's going to play, you don't think he's going to play, that's where I am. We'll see," Phillips said. "No, I don't think it would be a surprise [if Owens plays], but it would be a nice present."

Jones said it is a "very legitimate game-time decision" and that one consideration would be if playing could threaten Owens' availability for future playoff games if the Cowboys beat New York.

But Jones then made it clear that, "Sunday is the major point of emphasis, and any decision will be made risking most anything to have success Sunday."

Plus, Jones knows it would be hard to keep Owens out if the receiver wants to play.

"I haven't said 'no' to Terrell Owens since I gave him the check," Jones said. "There's no question that he's going to say that he wants to play. ... Terrell knows his situation better than any trainer, or any doctor or certainly than Wade or anybody else. He knows his situation very well, and you're going to have to count on him to use a little bit of judgment."

Fellow receiver Sam Hurd said Owens has spent "like 19 hours out of his day" trying to get back on the field and expects T.O. will play.

"He tells me all the time, opportunities like this don't come around every season, so he wants to take advantage of them," Hurd said. "He believes in this team so much that he wants to get out there and help this team get to the Super Bowl."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:51 am

Patrick Crayton: Giants talk too much

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/01/11/2008-01-11_patrick_crayton_giants_talk_too_much-1.html

IRVING, Tex. - Patrick Crayton has a theory as to why the Giants have talked so much trash about the Cowboys on and off the field this season.

And it's something the Giants aren't going to be happy to hear.

"It's funny that those guys talk, every time we get ready to play them," Crayton said before Cowboys practice at Valley Ranch on Thursday. "What I have learned is when players have to talk about another team like that, either they are scared or they are trying to talk themselves into believing they can do it. I think they are trying to talk themselves up into believing they can do it."

Crayton, the starting receiver opposite Terrell Owens, kept opening his mouth while insisting the Giants won't close theirs. In the process, Crayton ripped Brandon Jacobs for yapping too much. He also took a shot at cornerback Sam Madison while warning the Giants that the Cowboys are going to be much stiffer competition than what they faced last weekend in Tampa.

"Tampa Bay didn't even have all their wideouts," Crayton said of the Buccaneers. "I think (the Giants) realize we are not Tampa Bay. We don't have Tampa Bay's personnel. I think across the board, I think we are a little bit better than Tampa Bay."

Crayton said the Giants talked more junk on the field when the two teams played the last time at the Meadowlands and he singled out Jacobs as the Giants' chattiest player.

"There are a couple of them," said Crayton, who had five catches for 66 yards and a touchdown in their last meeting on Nov. 11 when the Cowboys beat the Giants, 31-20, at the Meadowlands. "Jacobs is a talker. (Michael) Strahan does it but he doesn't do it directly. He does it indirectly. Go back and listen to some of his stuff."

The Cowboys have one of Jacobs' lines memorized. Before the season opener between the two teams in Dallas, Jacobs said the Giants were going to "whup their (butts)." That lit a fire under the Cowboys before both of their wins over the Giants this season.

"Yeah, he did," Crayton said of Jacobs fueling the Cowboys. "He has been talking ever since. He even talked after the first game. I think it was like a Wednesday. He was like, 'I wish they were flying in today, I'd go wait at the airport for them.' Just little stuff like that. We showed up and you weren't there. And when we got to Giants Stadium, you still weren't there."

"Jacobs just talks, period," Crayton added. "Ask some of the defensive guys what he says."

Linebacker Bradie James said, "We all respect one another, but as far as liking ... we talk off the field but when we get out there on the field everybody is trying to obtain something and that is winning."

It's unclear where Crayton got the "airport" comment from. But Jacobs did say after the November loss that he did not think it was fair for Crayton to say that Dallas was on another level than the Giants.

"It's not a fair assessment," Jacobs said on Nov.11. "It's unfair for him to say that because he (stinks)."

Crayton, who had 50 receptions for 697yards and seven touchdowns, also said the Giants should act as if they are facing a healthy Owens even if the star wide receiver plays at less than 100% on his sprained ankle.

"They better," Crayton warned. "I'm pretty sure they would. Even if he were 85, 90(%), his 85, 90 is better than a lot of receivers in this league just because of his explosiveness. He is always a threat to run by you. Ask Sam Madison."

Owens, who went through a limited practice yesterday and is a game-time decision according to the Cowboys, beat Madison for a 25-yard touchdown the last time the two teams faced each other.

Despite all that, Crayton swears the Cowboys don't despise the Giants any more than they despise the Redskins and Eagles.

"No, it is all equal hate," Crayton said with a smile.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:56 am

RANGERS DROP FIFTH STRAIGHT

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01112008/sports/rangers/rangers_drop_fifth_straight_670849.htm

By LARRY BROOKS
TRICKED:Henrik Lundqvist is unable to stop the Flyers' Scott Hartnell in the third period of last night's game at the Garden. Hartnell had a hat trick as the Rangers lost, 6-2.
TRICKED:Henrik Lundqvist is unable to stop the Flyers' Scott Hartnell in the third period of last night's game at the Garden. Hartnell had a hat trick as the Rangers lost, 6-2.
PrintEmailDigg ItRedditPermalinkStory Bottom

January 11, 2008 -- This isn't about all the King's horses and this isn't about all the King's men, culpable as they all were in the Rangers New York Rangers ' five-alarm 6-2 loss to the Flyers at the Garden last night.

This, instead is about King Henrik Lundqvist Henrik Lundqvist , without whose superiority in nets the Rangers have turned into a bunch of Humpty Dumptys apparently unable to put themselves together again.

Hockey, of course, is a team game, and it was not Lundqvist alone who collapsed after the Blueshirts had taken a 2-0 lead within the first eight minutes of the match on a pair of Ryan Hollweg Ryan Hollweg goals.

Indeed, there were brain cramps and blunders aplenty, more than enough to go around in the club's fifth straight defeat (0-4-1), the Rangers' longest losing streak of the season.

The most significant of these gaffes was committed by Chris Drury, of all people, who was penalized for tossing his stick to Dan Girardi after the defenseman had broken his own while killing a five-on-three with 15 seconds to play in the first period.

When the Flyers scored 40 seconds into the second, the Rangers were out on their feet even while still in the lead.

"I take full responsibility for the loss," Drury told The Post. "I didn't know you couldn't do that, but that's no excuse at all. It's my fault for not knowing the rule.

"We were ahead 2-0 when I did that and then they scored six unanswered goals. Of course it's my fault."

Of course Drury's blunder did not help the team, but he was hardly a lone gunmen. Rather, the defeat that extended the ninth-place Rangers' slide to 5-10-3 since Dec. 3, was the result of a conspiracy. And it was the result of yet another sub-par performance by Lundqvist, 4-7-3 in his last 13 starts with a 3.49 GAA and an .850 save percentage.

If the numbers are ugly, so, too, are the goals Lundqvist has been surrendering; pretty much a bad one a game, if not more. Few teams can survive that; teams as fragile as the Rangers have no chance.

Last night's tying goal was scored at 8:45 of the second because of the netminder's indecision playing a potential icing. The third goal - the winner -was scored on a shot from the left corner that originated from below the goal line.

"I can't let in goals like these in a game like this; I have to better," Lundqvist said. "I think as a team we're fighting the game right now, and the same goes for me.

"I want to be the one to make the difference for our team, and I haven't been. It's very disappointing, but I'm not going to give up."

Lundqvist's father, Peter, underwent brain surgery in Sweden in mid-December after suffering an aneurysm. On Monday, the goaltender said his dad was recovering very well. At the same time, Lundqvist's agent, Don Meehan, is conducting negotiations with GM Glen Sather on a long-term deal.

"I can't blame this on anything that's going on around me, whether it's my dad or the contract," Lundqvist told The Post. "It's all about my game.

"I don't have any excuses."

Drury had no excuse. Lundqvist had no excuse. The Rangers had and have no excuses. Neither did Humpty Dumpty, and look what happened to him.

Flyers 6 Rangers 2

larry.brooks@nypost.com

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:59 am

Question for Rangers fans
LeafFanForLife86 Post #1: Jan 10, 10:17 pm Quote | Report Violation
Total Posts: 355
Hey, I'm not in here to troll, that's not my character. However, I just got done watching the Flyers/Rangers game and I was just thinking, I thought you guys got off to a really good start in the first period. However, the Flyers had a good second and third. I was just wondering, why didn't you guys pull Lundqvist? I'm not disrespectin Lundqvist, I know it was just a bad game and he'll be back however, from the games I've seen Valequette in, he looks like a reliable backup goalie. I was just wondering why didn't you guys put him in after the Flyers were comming on? I just thought it may have given the team a little bit of a shakeup in the game and maybe they could've salvaged (dispite blowing a lead) two points had they done that earlier.

Oh, for the record, I was hoping you guys could've had a win tonight, however, being a Leafs fan and getting blown out this year is one thing (look, you don't need to tell me Toronto is terrible I know that dispite cheering for them), however, I know you guys are a better team then what actually showed

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:04 am

I'm not sold on Lundquist. I think He's overrated and should be a back-up goaltender for Rangers. It's time to call up Al Montoya and save The Rangers season before it's too late. The Rangers goaltending and defense stinks. They can't play defense at all. Where's The defense? What happen to Blue-collar and hard working players on this team?

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:17 am

Bob:

~~ Dice-K will have a 3.00 ERA next year? Good joke ~~

This is no joke! Didn’t you see how many pitches Dice-K has, compared to Wang, who only has 1 pitch?

And no, Jayson, I’m not a Boston fan! I am just a Yanks fan who don’t like Wang too much… That’s why I said I put my hope on Joba.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:54 am

Noble1 wrote:
Its so funny how the NY papers are a day behind this story.

I still would be shocked if he wasn't a Met by Sunday night/Monday morning.

I'm trying to be as confident as you, but it's hard. This is killing me.

startheilman12 wrote:
Wow that Newsday article basically confirmed a lot of what Francessa said.

-The Mets still aren't sure if the Twins have come off their demands for Reyes
-The Mets aren't willing to go 7 years, reluctant to go past 5, would need vesting options to get to 6 or so
-People have denied the 5 for 1 package of Fernando would get it done
-Team will be very aggressive to improve team between now and spring training
-Willing to "get creative"
-Reluctant to deal Maine or Perez in a package for Santana

Sounds like this is further off than has been reported.

Quote:
Just how aggressive is where Fernando Martinez, a top outfield prospect, enters the equation. A report in Thursday's Minneapolis Star-Tribune suggested that the Mets needed only to include Martinez to complete a deal for Santana. Two people familiar with the situation said Thursday that is not the case.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:55 am

Mets are back in the mix for Twins' Santana

BY DAVID LENNON | david.lennon@newsday.com
January 11, 2008

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-spmets115533761jan11,0,2377835.story

The longer the Twins go without a deal for Johan Santana, the better the Mets' prospects look, which is why there is a sense of renewed optimism about bringing the two-time Cy Young winner to Flushing for next season and beyond.

A person familiar with the situation said yesterday that the Mets have rekindled discussions with Twins general manager Bill Smith, but it still is unclear what Minnesota wants in return.

A month ago, at the winter meetings in Nashville, Smith demanded that Jose Reyes be included in any package for Santana - something that Mets GM Omar Minaya adamantly refused to do.

Minaya floated every one of his top prospects for Santana, but the repeated mention of Reyes kept stalling the negotiations. Even now, the Mets are unsure if the Twins have moved off Reyes completely. They are under the impression that Smith still is deciding between developing prospects and players who can step into their lineup for the upcoming season.

What initially hurt the Mets in the Santana talks was their lack of the latter type, which is why the Twins insisted on Reyes to fill their void at shortstop. In the group that Minaya dangled at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville - Carlos Gomez, Deolis Guerra, Kevin Mulvey and Philip Humber - only Gomez has shown promise at the major-league level.

Even so, Gomez batted only .232 (29-for-125) in 58 games last season after he was rushed to the Mets because of a rash of outfield injuries. His learning curve also was delayed when he missed two months because of a fractured hamate bone in his left hand. After Gomez, Humber's stock has fallen since he was the third overall pick in the 2004 draft. Mulvey, a second-round pick in 2006 who allowed two hits in six shutout innings in his only start after being promoted to Triple-A New Orleans last year, soon could pass Humber on the depth chart.

That leaves Guerra, a talented but raw 18-year-old righthander who was 2-6 with a 4.01 ERA at Class A St. Lucie a year ago.

The Mets bristled during the winter meetings whenever anyone suggested their prospects were not on par with what the Yankees and Red Sox were offering for Santana. But those two teams did include one thing the Mets did not - a potential front-end starter. The Yankees still have Phil Hughes as part of their standing offer and Boston is willing to move Jon Lester, who won the clinching Game 4 of the World Series last October.

The Twins could always ask that John Maine or Oliver Perez be thrown into the mix, but that's adding more money to the equation, and probably too much. The Mets also are reluctant to move either one of their relatively inexpensive 15-game winners. But the front office is willing to be creative to land Santana, and one person familiar with the team's plans insisted yesterday that they will be "aggressive" in trying to improve the roster before spring training begins in five weeks. Obviously, Santana remains the No. 1 target.

Just how aggressive is where Fernando Martinez, a top outfield prospect, enters the equation. A report in yesterday's Minneapolis Star-Tribune suggested that the Mets needed only to include Martinez to complete a deal for Santana. Two people familiar with the situation said yesterday that is not the case.

Minaya is not scheduled to return from his goodwill trip to Israel until this weekend, but he has discussed Santana with his staff.

The Mets would have to put together a sizable contract extension for Santana before signing off on the trade. Santana already has expressed a willingness to pitch for the Mets, but he might have to come down off his reported desire for a seven-year deal in the $140-million range.

The Mets are strongly opposed to giving a pitcher a contract beyond five years - that was the maximum they offered Barry Zito a year ago - and would need some negotiating to get it up to six, most likely with vesting options.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:24 am

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/newsday/T4142M9APL60LRVL5

Forum
Mets are back in the mix for Twins' Santana
The longer the Twins go without a deal for Johan Santana, the better the Mets' prospects look, which is why there is a sense of renewed optimism about bringing the two-time Cy Young winner to Flushing for next ...

Read All 16 Comments
More about: Mets are back in the mix for Twins' Santana

Full Story: Newsday

Related Topix

* Sports - Carlos Gomez, Baseball Players, Oliver Perez, Philip Humber, Johan Santana, Minnesota Twins, Major League Baseball, New York Mets

Ads by Google
Got A Criminal Record? - See What Shows Up on Your Criminal Record. Instant, Unlimited Searches
www.Web-Detective.com
Criminal Record - Rip Off - Do Not Pay For Any Criminal Record Service Until You Read This
Consumers-Guide.org
COMMENTS
Showing posts 1 - 16 of 16
murdock
Woodbury, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
10 hrs ago

Need to get Santana but not for 7 years.
Jim B
East Northport, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
10 hrs ago

Slow sports day for this sportswriter. Mets are not getting Santana.
Clark
Leesburg, VA

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
9 hrs ago

Dear Mets GM,
Please do not trade away Mets young talent. Bringing a two-time CY Young winner (Johan Santana) will not get the team to the playoffs or World Series. This team needs 3 things.
1.) Team Chemistry (Willing to support and play and win together)
2.) Leadership (this team needs a couple of their multi-million dollar players to step-up and lead.) If you want Reyes and Wright to become leaders then pay them more money.
3.) Youth (If you have one of the smartest pitching coaches in the league, then the GM should bring in or develop raw pitching talent. I believe in this coach and you can observe the results in Maine and Perez-15 game winners...
statement
Gainesville, FL

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
9 hrs ago

4)Get a manager who can work with rookies,vets and knows how to use baseball savvy. I still believe Willie will be the anchor holding the ship in port.
tom
Miller Place, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
9 hrs ago

All u guys are idiots, who cares about the 7 years, we are built for now. What makes you think hes gonna break down in 7 years. So what if we only get 5 good years out of him...if it brings a championship so what. We gave Piazza a 7 year deal when he was in his early thirties, no one seemed to bring up the length of deal then. Pitchers and Catchers are similar in the way they break down and how did the last few years of Piazza's contract work out? He was injured for most of the last 2 years of his deal. But no one cares because he took us to the world series and the playoffs back to back years. How bout Pedro, we gave him the 4th year when he was in his mid thirties, when no one else would because they knew he'd start to break down and he did, but who cares because changed the face of the franchise for the better. You get Johan you change everything and once again the Mets are favorite in the NL for the next 5 years, worry about the 6th and 7th year when it comes. You can't predict that far ahead, but you can predict next year, and he makes the Mets a World Series contender again.
Bob C
AOL

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
9 hrs ago

If you can get a Johan Santana without giving up a quality player on the major league roster, you do it, simply stated. When the Mets are in the position to win now, who cares what Martinez and Gomez can do in 2-3 years from now. It seems like the Mets might be going for it....as a fan, you should applaud it. You only give up top prospects for the best players in baseball...Santana is one of the top 5 starters in the game, if not the top one.
actually
AOL

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
9 hrs ago

this would be great, but would deplete the farm but oh well...AND, the Mets still need some RP.

Lets Go Mets!!!
John
East Meadow, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
9 hrs ago

This deal will never happen. The Twins planted this story in a Minnesota newspaper to coax the Yankees into increasing their offer. They have no intention of trading him to the Mets they are using them to get the Yankees, or perhaps the Red Sox, to increase their offer.
Ann Gimima
Montclair, NJ

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
8 hrs ago

I say a couple of bottles of syrup and we'll throw in some chocolate chip pancakes. That'll convince the Twins, ok, ok we'll throw in Dave Schneck.
david
Staten Island, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
8 hrs ago

Yanks don't need him as much as Mets do. Besides, I'm sure Yanks will be relieved if Santana goes to Mets and not Red Sox. Yanks don't care if he goes to Mets because Santana is not going to win the WS for the Mets. They need more than just Santana.
Clark
Leesburg, VA

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
8 hrs ago

If this trade becomes a reality, be prepared for another price increase in season tickets for 2009 and beyond. Go Mets?
More BS
Coram, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
7 hrs ago

This trade isn't happening, not in a million years. The Twins haven't backed off of their demands. This is just a baloney Newdsday story that started as speculation in a Minn. newspaper. It's garbage, and the only reason it was posted was to get fools like you and me to post on this site and drive up advertising rates. Just another Newsday scam.
KEC519
Easton, PA

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
7 hrs ago

If other teams (read: Minnesota) actually believe that the Mets' prospects are worth much, then packaging them en masse would make sense. I'm a Met fan for over three decades, and in the last decade, the Met farm system has produced very little in A-list talent. For every David Wright, there's Jason Tyner. And Alex Ochoa. And Alex Escobar (umember him?). And for every Jose Reyes, there's Paul Wilson. And Pulsipher. Heck, even Aaron Heilman drew the inevitable Tom Terrific comparisons back in 2001. Only Scott Kazmir appears to be making a name for himself...albeit as a No.2-3 starter on a good team (and with a untethered Ron Guidry-without-mechanics mien).
---
But the bottom line is this: the Mets farm system (with Reyes and Wright as anomalies) has been the worst in baseball since 1990...especially considering their ample spending in Latin America on "schools" and camps". And until they address that problem, there will always be a yearning for the Johan Santanas of the sport simply because there's no one---and I mean no one---that impresses (go ahead...check Fernando Martinez and Carlos Gomez and Kevin Mulvey stats...you'll find them woeful even for A and AA).
---
So if the Twins value quantity over quality, then the Mets should throw all of their projected 150-strikeout hitters and 4-plus ERA people to Minneapolis. But I'd draw the line before including Oliver Perez, and especially, John Maine. Both pitchers were throw-ins on deals with the Pirates and Orioles respectively, but thirty wins out of guys in their twenties making very little is something you never want to deal no matter what the take is.
rOGER cLEMENS
Middle Village, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
6 hrs ago

SAN IS ON ROIDS -TRUST ME
JRR
Rockville Centre, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
5 hrs ago

First and foremost, I am a Yankee fan. That said, Carlos Gomez may be fast, but it is my humble opinion based on what I saw last year that he might make a better track star than outfielder. He showed absolutely no power last year, and in fact appeared to be an automatic out at times. Furthermore, who is to say that Fernando Martinez won't turn out to be another Alex Escobar. From what I have heard lately, Humber and Mulvey project to be bottom of the rotation pitchers, if they ever make it in the big leagues to begin with. Having said all this what separates the men from the boys, is the ability to add that piece to the puzzle that puts a team over the top. What other choice does a team that has not won a title in 20 + years have, but to make the move and give their fans something to cheer about.
jim
Westhampton Beach, NY

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
10 min ago

The Mets should definitely take this deal, if it exists. They need a pitcher now, and minor leaguers are no sure thing. Probably the best deal for the Twins, too, considering that the Yankee deal isn't happening and the Red Sox aren't offering much.
Showing posts 1 - 16 of 16
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post) You are currently logged in as . Not ?
Name
(appears on your post)
Registration Welcome to Topix Forums! Please fill out the form below to set up an account and post your comment. If you are a returning user, click here to log in.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:26 am

Listening to Mike and the Dog.

Francessa said he called the Mets and read the Minnesota story to the Mets and they said the story and prospects listed were inaccurate. He said the Twins still have not come off Reyes.

Take it for what it’s worth.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:26 am

getting santana would give the mets a clear advantage in 2008

santana, pedro, maine, perez, duque

though 2009 and beyond would likely be a crap shot. ollie, pedro, and duque are both free agents. will the mets be able to pay them after giving santana $20m+ per:

santana, maine, pelfrey, ?, ?

without any prospects left (f-mart, gomez, mulvey, humber, guerra), there will be nobody to take the place of those pitchers or alou and delgado. if they go the free agent route it’s huge $$ and they lose picks never rebuilding the system

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:27 am

I say make the deal. This deal makes the Mets pitching staff amazing for years to come. Any pitcher they pick up for the next 6 years will be a number 2 or higher, taking all the pressure off the staff. Not many teams have the 1-2 punch (indians, arizona).

It means the chance to walk into any playoff series and win 2 games, just by adding Santana. Imagine Santana throwing against the Marlins the last game of the season last year? I was there and it hurt.

Carlos Gomez
Deolis Guerra
Kevin Mulvey
Aaron Heilman

for Johan Santana.

Possible additions of Humber and Gotay.

The young clone, since I refuse to believe any earth woman would have sex with George Steinbrenner. And yes, I think if we don’t pull this trigger in the next day or so Hanko the Clown will ride in on his unicycle and sweep up santana in order to deflect the steroid congressional hearings.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:31 am

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01112008/sport...ohan_403040.htm

The door is open wide for the MetsNew York Mets to land Johan Santana, but the Twins' asking price is still too high, industry sources told the Post yesterday.

The superstar left-hander could be a perfect fit for the Mets and could land at Shea Stadium, but not for the reported five top prospects, including pitcher Deolis Guerra and outfielders Carlos GomezCarlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez.

The two teams continue to talk and word out of Minnesota yesterday was that, yes, the Mets could snare Cy Young Santana for the right price, but as far as the Mets are concerned, that five-for-one deal is not the right price.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:32 am

UOTE
Peter Greenberg, Santana’s agent, said he had told the Twins that Santana would like to have his situation settled before spring training.
The Mets have been lurking in the background, waiting for such a circumstance to develop, but they don’t seem to be in any better position than the Yankees or the Red Sox, despite a report Thursday in the Minneapolis newspaper The Star Tribune.
People with the Mets and the Yankees suspect that the report, which said the Mets “might be the best fit,” was an idea generated by the Twins in an effort to induce the Yankees to move.
A member of the Twins organization said that a month ago the Mets were barely mentioned in internal discussions about Santana, because they didn’t seem to have enough talent to trade. That assessment lends credence to the idea that a game within the game may be afoot.
The Star Tribune report said the Mets had offered pitchers Phil Humber, Kevin Mulvey and Deolis Guerra, as well as outfielder Carlos Gómez. But a Mets official said they had made no offer, only discussed players in the context of what kinds of players the Twins were seeking — major league-ready players or minor league prospects.
The newspaper report suggested that the deal would be done if the Mets put a fifth player, Fernando Martínez, an outfield prospect, in the package. But the Mets won’t give the Twins five players any more than they would give them José Reyes, whom the Twins wanted. A deal would already have been made had the Mets been willing to trade Reyes.
Santana, who has a no-trade clause in his contract, has indicated he would accept a trade to any of the three teams.

He has said privately that he was intrigued by the idea of playing in the National League and possibly winning a couple of Cy Young awards in the N.L. to go with his two in the American League.

On the other hand, the Red Sox hold spring training in Fort Myers, where Santana is building a home.
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/11/sports/b...amp;oref=slogin

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:33 am

Beckett-Santana-Schilling-DiceK-Buchholz. That's a dream come true.

Seriously, that's a videogame rotation. I still have yet to see anyone give a compelling argument against 20 million per for Santana. Everyone just says it's "scary". Why? Is it because you think the Sox can't afford it, or because Santana doesn't deserve it? Because I would disagree with both of those. I understand the length issue, but the Sox can afford to overpay him a bit in the last couple years if they have to.

Regardless, there seems to be a sentiment on this board that being a perennial World Series favorite would be a bad thing. That just leaves me speechless.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:34 am

January 10th, 2008 at 11:07 pm

I would do a F-Mart, Gomez, Guerra + 1 deal…

But I still lean towards a Hughes/Cabrara/Marquez/Hilligos deal.

Gomez might end up as a better player than Cabrara- but he might be a flop. Hughes > Martinez, Guerra > Marquez, Hilligoss > Humber or Mulvey (need wise for sure- we need infielders that can put the bat on the ball)

Jeff says:

January 10th, 2008 at 11:17 pm

Ryanw,
With the Mets deal, the problem I see is the high risk factor. Two are teenagers, Gomez is a AA player in delevopment time, and Mulvey is just a guy we have so many of(middle to back end rotation guys). I’m guessing your not high on the Boston offers. But what if we saw a Bowden included in the Ellsbury offer. Would you prefer that over either NY deal?

Capital E says:

January 11th, 2008 at 12:00 am

Ryan, where is the unwarranted love for Cabrera coming from? Gomez is better than Cabrera now. Cabrera cannot hit, we have plenty of guys in our own farm system who can equal Cabrera’s production. I could put up Melky’s numbers if I could bat behind Abreu, A-Rod, Giambi, Posada, and Co. I’ll gladly agree that Hughes is the best piece on the market, but the rest of the package is a joke. I’d rather get three potential All-Stars in Gomez/Mart/Guerra than Hughes and scrubs. If Pelfrey or Mulvey work out, its just a bonus. Who cares as long as the other three pan out, and believe, the MN coaching staff will make sure they pan out. Anderson will make Guerra a stud if nothing else.

liondragon kill yourself says:

January 11th, 2008 at 12:13 am

that’s all

Mets Trade Offer for Johan Santana-New York Mets-GoTeamsGo Sports Fan Forum says:

January 11th, 2008 at 12:22 am

[…] Mets Trade Offer for Johan Santana Over the past two days, a lot has seemingly transpired in baseball land when concerning Johan Santana. With the Red Sox and Yankees quiet, the Mets have jumped to the forefront of talks with the Minnesota Twins. Reportedly, the Mets made an official offer to the Twins including: pitching prospect Deolis Guerra, center fielder Carlos Gomez and pitchers Kevin Mulvey and Phil Humber. The Twins countered and said the Mets would have a "DONE DEAL" if they included outfielder Fernando Martinez. The offer includes the an in the Mets system according to Baseball America and then Humber who is rated 7th in the organization. Then, reports came out saying Mets owner Fred Wilpon gave Omar Minaya the OK where money is concerned. So if Minaya can acquire Santana, the Mets would be willing to fork over the big bucks. A story to follow indeed…the Red Sox and Yankees don’t want to fork over the players while the Mets may do so. __________________ *** The Boxing & MMA Forum NFC Divisional Round: NY Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys Register and Throw Your Opinions At Us! *** […]

Dan says:

January 11th, 2008 at 1:55 am

I would take Hughes from the Yankees and forget about Cabrera if the Yankees want to act like he has really any value, fine-they can keep him. He is average at best. I’d look for a package of Hughes, Tabata, and Jackson instead and then sign Lofton, Cameron, etc. to play CF this season. I would NEED Hughes and Tabata/Jackson in any Yankee trade.

From the Mets I would need Gomez and Martinez in any trade. Gomez is a good prospect, but there are questions about his hitting. Combine them with 2 of Mulvey, Pelfrey, Guerra and I’d consider it. The problem is none of the Mets pitching on the table is really very good, even Guerra is very young and has had some injury issues.

If none of these offers occur, I would take Lester, Crisp, Lowrie, and Masterson from Boston. I would like Ellsbury, but he played over his head last year and Crisp can be a solid lead-off guy at a reasonable price. The Twins would need MLB-ready pitching and Lester is solid, Lowrie is a very solid prospect that could play THIS season. Masterson is a nice looking prospect who I’d rate ahead of any of the Mets pitchers on the table. Plus he could be ready by next season.

My first choice would be the Yanks due to Hughes being the best player offered by any team, plus hope at least one of Tabata or Jackson pan out into the studs they are suppossed to be. Next would be the Mets merely to keep Santana out of the AL, then the Bosox if neither of those two offer what I wanted.

TJL says:

January 11th, 2008 at 6:23 am

It is sounding like the Mets deal is getting close. By the Twins countering with Gomez, Guerra, Mulvey, Humber…..plus Martinez it gives the Mets the ability to add Martinez and take out someone else to reach the middle ground.

It seems Twins fans, myself included, would be happy with Gomez, Martinez + 2 out of Mulvey, Guerra, Humber, Mulvey (but not Mulvey and Humber together).

Now, which 2 pictures would we prefer and would the Mets give up? My guess is that only one of Guerra and Pelfrey would be available due to their high upsides. I would go Guerra I guess since Pelfrey hasn’t shown a lot to date (i know he is still young) and also I seem to remember him being a signability problem coming out of college (is he a boras client?).

I like the idea of getting 3 of the 4 pitchers by including a Rincon/D. Reyes type and the Mets may go for that since they are clearly in “win now” mode and have a weak bullpen.

Scott says:

January 11th, 2008 at 6:47 am

Twins fans have to realize that you are only going to get so much for a player who is one year away from free agency, and the team signing him must sign him to a big, fat contract. Teams will only give up so much young talent when they have to sign a guy like a free agent. I don’t care whether it is Yankees, Mets or Red Sox, I bet Twins fans are disappointed with what they receive in return when the trade is made. No one is giving up 4 or 5 top prospects and then signing Santana to a $ 100 million contract. That is why the Twins have found a very limited market for Santana. They will never get loads of young talent when Santana will cost so much money to sign no matter how good he is. You’ll see. Just watch I bet the Twins get a lot less than you expect for Santana no matter who gets him.

A diffrent Dan says:

January 11th, 2008 at 6:56 am

Jeff
I think the twins don’t want Pelfry because he is a Scott Boras clinet.

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:36 am

Mets: Report on trade offer for Johan Santana is off the mark

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/2008/01/11/2008-01-11_mets_report_on_trade_offer_for_johan_san-1.html

BY IAN BEGLEY and ADAM RUBIN
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Friday, January 11th 2008, 4:00 AM

While the Yanks seem to be out of the race to land Twins ace Johan Santana, the Mets look like front-runners, but a team insider dismissed a report out of Minnesota that the Mets could land Santana for a five-prospect package.

The source said the Mets are still in negotiations with the Twins, but Minnesota hasn't told them a package of prospects including outfielders Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez, and pitchers Philip Humber, Kevin Mulvey and Deolis Guerra would seal the deal for Santana.

The Mets have said in the past that they wouldn't include Gomez and Martinez, their top outfield prospect, in the same deal. If they included both outfielders and all three pitchers (Guerra is an 18-year-old righty who is considered one of the organization's top pitching prospects), it would basically wipe out their farm system.

Regardless, the Mets seem to be the leaders in the Santana sweepstakes because the Yankees' interest in the two-time Cy Young winner has cooled in the past few days.

Hank Steinbrenner told the Daily News on Wednesday that the Bombers were "leaning away" from making a deal for Santana because of the high asking price in both dollars and prospects for the lefthander.

"We have to sign him as if he's a free agent, plus you have to give up major talent," Steinbrenner said Wednesday. "That's a tall order."

GM Brian Cashman reiterated that sentiment last night on the YES Network.

"I think we're probably closer to going with what we've got than making any substantial changes at this stage of the game," Cashman said. "Discussions can always change and that's why you stay engaged with the opposing teams as well as the ownership side of this. Every day could be something different, but right now I'd say we're going to go with what we've got."

Cashman also said the Yanks have agreed to a minor-league deal with and extended an invite to training camp to Jason Lane. The 31-year-old outfielder/first baseman batted .175 in 171 at-bats with Houston and San Diego last season. He belted 26 homers with the Astros in 2005

buddio Jan 11, 2008 5:44:06 AM Report Offensive Post
go get him mets, figure out how to get him, omar here's your chance, met fans here's your pennant, this guy santana in the national league will be a killer. never mind wastin your time tryin to bring clemens down start screamin at the wilpons to spend some money

bronxbomber Jan 11, 2008 5:53:37 AM Report Offensive Post
i agree as a yankees fan i want the mets to get him. So what you give up the farm. Santana wins 24 games in a mets uniform.

gator06418 Jan 11, 2008 6:15:01 AM Report Offensive Post
Give up all five of the prospects, what the heck are you waiting for!! We had a dismal year last year and lost a huge contributor from the starting staff. Back fill the farm system as you can with other trades, draft, etc. Santana is one of the top if not the top pitcher in all of baseball and if you tie him up long term. He pay dividends for years to come while these prospects would have been languishing in our minor league system. How many times have we heard a prospect was "can't miss" only to see them never realize their talent. Does the name "Lastings Milledge" and the terms "5 tool", "can't miss", "untouchable" ring a bell? They were used in the same sentence only a few years ago. This year we trade him for a backup right fielder and a catcher that can't hit his weight for an average. GO GET SANTANA, A PROVEN WINNER!

dennis Jan 11, 2008 6:15:28 AM Report Offensive Post
just goes to show you guys are as bad as advertized ,your farm sucks plain as day

Frank NJ Jan 11, 2008 7:14:16 AM Report Offensive Post
Take the Nike aprroach and Just Do It! Anyway you can.

BKLYNBrawler Jan 11, 2008 7:14:57 AM Report Offensive Post
Just pull the trigger Minaya. This is your best shot.

Jersey Ed Jan 11, 2008 7:15:51 AM Report Offensive Post
One arm injury away from losing your top propects and a ton of money, with little or no return on your investment. Let the buyer beware.

Pittsburgh Yank Jan 11, 2008 7:23:20 AM Report Offensive Post
Just what the Yankees needed - Jason Lane! Another first baseman who can't hit any better than Wilson Bettimet! Not only that, neither Bettimet nor Lane has played very much first base! I guess they make up for their lack of fielding experience by not being able to hit either. It's good to have a bench full of .175 hitters to back up the young pitchers!

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:39 am

Report: Joba still set for rotation
Joba Chamberlain - R - NYY - Jan. 9 - 9:47 am et

Senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner said Tuesday that the Yankees still intend to have Joba Chamberlain work out of the rotation to begin the season.
Steinbrenner indicated that the team is not looking at Chamberlain as a late-inning relief option, but that could change if Johan Santana or another top starting pitcher is acquired. Jan. 9 - 9:47 am et
Source: Newsday

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  RedMagma Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:54 am

A's Interested In Cameron, Sanders, White

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports in with some new info regarding free agent outfielders the A's are considering. The says Mike Cameron, Reggie Sanders, and Rondell White are all under consideration. This is the first time I've seen a team express interest in the oft-injured Sanders or White this winter.

I'm not sure of the motive here - the A's have good young outfielders in need of big league experience, and plenty of veteran mentors remain on the roster. Jack Cust seemingly has the DH spot covered. The A's weren't mentioned as a contender for Cameron last night; he is expected to land with the Brewers or Yankees.

Slusser adds that there's nothing to recent rumors of a Huston Street for Coco Crisp swap. That one sounds like fan speculation (in fact I think I saw it in our comments somewhere).

BASEBALL
A's looking for an outfielder

Susan Slusser, San Francisco Chronicle

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/11/SPH3UDEL6.DTL&feed=rss.athletics

(01-10) 19:23 PST -- With Nick Swisher traded away and free agent Shannon Stewart unlikely to return, the A's are moving to sign a right-handing hitting outfielder, according to major-league sources.

Oakland has had several conversations with veteran Mike Cameron, who was also briefly an A's target before he signed with the Mets in 2004. Cameron, who turned 35 on Tuesday, must sit out the first 25 games of the season after testing positive for a banned substance last year. That is an unpaid suspension, which means a bit of a price break for whichever team signs the three-time Gold Glove winner.

Other prominent right-handed hitting outfielders include Reggie Sanders and Rondell White. Jason Lane, who is from Santa Rosa, another possibility, agreed to a minor-league contract with the Yankees on Thursday.

Oakland has been linked to Boston outfielder Coco Crisp in past trade rumors, and the Red Sox have shopped Crisp this offseason, but recent rumblings of a Huston Street-for-Crisp deal are "fiction," one A's official said.

In other A's news, medically star-crossed first baseman-designated hitter Dan Johnson said he recently was hospitalized for viral meningitis, but has recovered. Johnson didn't play after being called up in 2004 because he had developed vertigo, and he was diagnosed with double vision after the 2006 season, the result of spraying sun block in his eye during spring training.

- Susan Slusser

RedMagma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next